Friday 1 November 2013

In search of Bouncy butt socks for Grandma

I had a bizarre dream last night about jumping from a high rise building onto a small piece of sand, running up and down stairs, being chased and chasing. I was completely worn out when I woke up!

All the boys went off (except Grandad) and the seniors and I had a shopping day extravaganza. We started in Old Navy and had a good look around.

Grandad applied for a position in the shop

Grandma and I shopped in Homesense and had a lovely time while Grandad tried on jumpers in all the other shops. Grandma and I were hungry so we sent him a text and we all met in the Irish Pub for dinner.

It was yummy.

Grandad went off trying on more jumpers and Grandma and I did some Christmas shopping. Once we were all completely shopped out, we drove to Canadian Tire and bought a couple of small Christmas trees which are lovely but actually only plantable in the tropics (we will have to take it back). We popped to the supermarket on the way home. I had a bit of trouble at the check out, all because I was in a hurry. As soon as the debit machine said 'don't take out your card' I took out my card and had to start again. Then the lady forgot some of my shopping and I had to pay again. Then the lady behind tried to take my card by mistake. We were very late getting home and the poor kids had to be by themselves for 4 whole minutes. They weren't bothered, they were just wrestling in the back garden. We had a quick cup of tea before running back out again to swimming lessons.

Smallest dressed appropriately for swimming here in Autumn.

Swimming was good. Both boys did well. Smallest bumped into Barry Beaver a few times and did a belly flop. We came home and the boys had their dinner. We had a very interesting conversation about who they should open the door to. They asked if they could open the door to Moo and we said yes seeing as she would have come a long way and may have chocolate with her. Smallest wanted to open the door to Otto even though we said we didn't know him and he might smoke his weed in our kitchen!

The boys had a cushion fight on the sofa even though we told them not to and Smallest got hurt - they have a life ban on pillow fighting.

 

**HUFFLE's WAFFLES**.

This is a guest spot from Huffle. Today I was following a van. The company name on it was 'a handy man to have around'. Then I saw the name of the owner underneath....... Willy Bell. I had a little chuckle at that. Grandad's random tangent to this story is that his fire-end (friend) played professional football for a man of the same name, and he was a full-back.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So many shops so little time! A little bird tells me that it wasnt Grandad who messed the Trick or Treat sweets up ...anything to tell us Famfa? Confession time for me, I'm pretty sure Grandma's bonsai tree is no more, it's at A&E with Betty Brownie. Sorry Grandma.

famfa said...

Nothing to confess - you read the blog wrong originally - I never said grandad did it - we did it. Grandmas having a tear xx