Wednesday 1 October 2014

Serge's Monkey Dancing

What began as a crazy day turned into an 'alright' day after all. Huffle went to work and once I had packaged the boys off to school (complete with football kit and instructions not to come home on the bus for Smallest), I drove off to Toyota again to take my car back. I only got 1 minute up the road and the 'awful noise' started again. It was so bad I stopped to check that nothing was falling off or rolling around in the boot. God knows what it was because it didn't happen again, not even when the engineer and I went for a drive to recreate it. However, the engineer did think there was a burning smell coming from the brakes so did something about that for me.

Then I went food shopping and present shopping for Small. I managed to get him a few things and even bought a couple of Christmas presents. Because the queues were so bad I was told to go through the 12 items or less. I had a whole trolley full and was quite embarrassed but the check out lady didn't care. We were a good team. Driving home there was no loud noise so maybe it has gone away or whatever it was dropped off and disappeared.

Once I had put the shopping away I Skyped Grandma briefly. Huffle text me to say that Kasabian were on a local radio so I tuned in (Grandma told me to ring in and gave me some Leicester lessons to help me speak to them). It wasn't a phone in radio and Kasabian only played a couple of songs but it got me in the mood for the concert tonight. Huffle sent their agent a note to tell them we were at the concert and was there any chance of saying Hello back stage. We didn't get a reply but as least he tried.

I made another cake for Small using a very strange recipe which had hot water in it and was very sloppy. I am not going to take it out of the mould until tomorrow. So we will see!

I made dinner and had an answerphone message from Small in a very grumpy voice "football in cancelled because someone died". Oh dear. Then I had another call from the secretary to say that Smallest had fallen and his knee scab had come off. She didn't have anything to put on it other than bandages and gauze and she wanted to know what I wanted done with it. I told her to leave it open and I would look at it when he got home, as long as he was okay, He was! I also asked her about the death. She said it was one of the opposition coaches family members. She said she had so many calls to parents today about the cancelled football but Small's was the funniest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUSINL - HOPE YOU HAD A FABULOUS DAY XX

Tomorrow is the day we get our new furniture delivered but the company rang today and said that Huffle's chair will not be ready until next Wednesday now! Typical.

The boys came home, Smallest with a horrible scraped unscabbed knee. Both did their piano practice and showed me how they know the notes. We had a hurried dinner when Huffle came home and the babysitter arrived and off we went to Toronto for a wonderful evening of live loud music.

The Sound Academy was on the edge of the lake, overlooking the Toronto skyline. We spoke to several security about trying to get a message to the band but none could help us. We tried the bar staff too but they don't go anywhere near the band either. The main security man wouldn't even look at us let alone speak to us and we gave up. The support band was called Bo Ningen, a Japanese Punk band. Four members with enough hair between them to stuff a King Size Quilt (with some left over). They were loud, screamy and absolutely awful. We had secured ourselves a nice spot centre stage (standing only) but had to move when the wailing became too much for us. We moved into the lounge bar where we were shielded slightly from the noise. We sat and messaged someone who was at the same concert who complained the support act was so bad.

Once we moved ourselves back into the throng, a huge man (twice as tall as me) came and stood right in front of me. Well, there was no way I was going to stand for that. I told him to move, he said no, I told him I couldn't see and he had to move and he told me I couldn't make him and to move somewhere else. I stepped right in front of him giving him no room whatsoever and he walked off. Silly long over-tall man. Eventually Kasabian came on. We had a great view, almost centre and very close. The band were absolutely fabulous. They put on a wonderful show, played some brilliant songs and everyone loved them. Huffle especially liked Serge's strange monkey dancing.

Huffle normally doesn't like to be in the thick of it but he stayed in the middle for me. Unfortunately it got to a point where I felt a bit ill, too squashed, too hot and I couldn't hear the music anymore because it was so loud. We moved to the side, had loads of room to dance and jump around and could easily get to the bar.

I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and Huffle did too. I didn't worry about the Boys one bit as I knew they were in safe hands and as soon as the concert was over we text the babysitter to say we were on the way and she told us to drive safely and everything was fine. We had a good journey home, paid the babysitter and then Huffle took her home. We sat and had a cup of tea and a bit of TV. Our ears are ringing and my feet are killing me from too much dancing.

 

 

7 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Happy Birthday Small, I am sure the cake will be fabulous xx glad you enjoyed the concert xx

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Small. Have a great day. x

Sarah Tomson said...

Happy Birthday small
So glad you had a fab night out and that you have found a babysitter that you can trust, hopefully that'll mean you get out more often 😃 x

famfa said...

Thanks ww - it was the best x

famfa said...

Was I? Whoops xx

famfa said...

Thank you x

famfa said...

You never know Sarah. It's nice to have someone here other than visiting family xx