Wednesday 4 February 2015

A stew full of noses

Not our garden but the view North up our road (ha, listen to me, North, and I even know which way North is now!).

It snowed through the night, about 2" or so but was much more mild. The kids went to school armed with too many bags! It was snowboarding lessons for Small after school and his little brother always helps his big brother carry his bags and his big brother expects it (but I'm not sure he would help him in the same situation) That's what little brothers do apparently!

Huffle worked from the Bunker (as it will now be known) and organised his 'office' and I went to aerobics. It was really warm in there today, we created steam we worked so hard. As soon as I got back Huffle was clearing the drive so I stopped and helped him. Although it was quite fine and moveable snow, there was an awful lot of it and it was very hard going. While Huffle went back to work I made a start on dinner. One Chicken Stew in the slow cooker and a vegetable stew in the oven on low.

Huffle and I went out a further three times to clear the drive and finally gave up and had lunch together.

Our Christmas Tree, still going strong even though it is not being watered and loved......and our Gollum emerging from the snow.

While we were outside I added some noses to our weekend creations (there has been talk already about our snowmen in the Hamlet). The poor snowmen/women have been covered quite a bit by Monday's and last nights snow though so we may have to do some titivating before the Friday midday deadline of the competition.

 

When Small came home we considered going snowboarding but decided against it and sent Huffle off on his own while Smallest and I watched a film and snuggled on the sofa together. He was very tired and my back ached. We'd have been no good on the slopes tonight.

Whereas Small got put up a level in his lesson and went down the Black Run. He was very pleased with himself. He also said he was glad that Huffle turned up and they had fun together.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: