Thursday 19 February 2015

Product of England - Wine Gums

When the big footed boy and the big balding guy (Huffle edit - yet somehow devishly handsome) were snowboarding last night, they said it was getting really cold and that the snow was blowing up the slopes. So during the night, it must have got colder and colder because although the sun was shining really brightly and it looked a really nice day, it was in fact -17*C with windchill of -28* but it still felt even colder than that!

I slept really well and my toe was much rested and although still very bruised and sore, is feeling much better. Phew, I did not want a wheelchair around Disney like Grandma had (especially because the cast of Lion King pat your head sympatheticallyish like bongo drums). Small was complaining of a sore leg (football and snowboarding related), Smallest has an ache in his lower back (I took away a pillow as he had snuck another one in his bed), Huffle has a sore shoulder where he did a 360* fall apparently and I have aerobic aches. That concludes the illness and soreness rosta for today.

The boys went to school, one very grumpy and upset with me (big foot) and the other one in a silly chimpy mood. Huffle worked in the bunker and after a slow breakfast and a half an episode of Call the Midwife, I went out for some retail therapy.

I stupidly parked in the middle of the car park where I then walked from the car to the various shops (about four). It was soooo cold I really thought my ears would snap off. I came out of one shop with my coat undone, no hat, gloves or scarf and my nose hair (just a delicate amount a lady would have) instantly froze. I ran to the other shop and shuddered as I walked in. I got a few funny looks and a couple of sympathetic ones too. It's really difficult because the car is well heated and the shops are overheated so unless you can get dropped off at the door, you freeze. I bought myself a couple of pairs of new shorts and found a few tops in the sale. I was very pleased with myself and did a bit of birthday shopping too. Its amazing how good you can feel after a bit of shopping - should have done it days ago but then I probably wasn't in the right frame of mind then!

I had a bit of a skid on the way home. Although the roads were fairly clear of snow, the wind was so strong that it kept blowing the snow across the road. I came across a pile of snow and skidded all over the place. I tried to remember that you should always steer where you want to go and I think I tried to do this but my car was beep beep beeping at me telling me I had lost control - NO! Anyway, no damage done.

I got home in time to have a lovely lunch with Huffle in the warmth of our own home with the wind whistling dangerously outside. I did my holiday ironing and started to pack my case so I can concentrate on helping the kids later with theirs. We checked the weather report and the temperatures are variable between 18* and 30* wahoooo - that's positive too, not minus.

I finished watching Call the Midwife, did some tidying and started on dinner. Today is our pancake day. Not Canadian Pancake Day or British Pancake Day (we were busy Tuesday) but our house's pancake day, therefore I made 'proper pancakes' as Smallest calls them, the crepe type, the thin ones you toss on the air and they fall on the floor. The ones you add lashings of freshly squeezed lemon juice to and a fair sprinkling of icing sugar and roll them up. Ummmmmmm.

When the boys came home from school, Small was my friend again but Smallest had the grumps this time. I asked them both to do homework, showers and start packing. Smallest decided he didn't have time for all of that so stood there arguing with me for 20 minutes about it all. I told him if he didn't stand around moaning he could have done it by now but he replied that I was stopping him doing his stuff because I was talking to him!!!, OMG! I think the pair of them need a holiday! I know I need a holiday!

After dinner, Huffle and Smallest played on the wii but Smallest go upset because he lost and because Small went to play on it next (he has a huge problem with Small staying up later than him especially if he is playing on a gadget).

Small and I played a game and the boys finally went to bed.

 

No comments: