Friday 20 February 2015

Granny Sitting

Another broken night's sleep due to the ferociousness of the winds outside. When we got up this morning the new temperature gauge I brought yesterday (I think the old one froze!) said it was -21* so I looked at the weather forecast and it said it felt like -32*. Imagine how pleased I was then when the school bus failed to stop, the driver just cast a cursory glance in our direction and drove off. When it is that cold outside I make the boys stay inside. The bus was early and should not have gone. Arrrgggghhhh. I had to drive in my Pj's with my long coat over the top (not even any pants/undies). Not impressed at all.

Ice patterns on Small's window

On the plus side, when I got home, Small's sandals had arrived from Next as promised. Brilliant (thanks Mrs Rumbleskins). I finished my hastily left breakfast, whilst watching a bit of Britsh Sewing Bee and then got ready for picking up The English Rose for a nice calm morning of knitting.

It was a full table there today with plenty of silly slobber. I managed to get quite a bit done. I got offered a job today. One of the ladies at knitting asked me if I wanted to sit with her Grandmother two to three days a week for a few hours each time. Not doing anything special just being company for her. (I had previously mentioned I might be looking for a part time job and I already help her Mum do gardening in the Summer). I originally wanted to work for some company for myself and to meet people of my own age so I told her this but she asked me to think about it. She also wants me to garden for her too.

Suffolk and I went for a leisurely lunch in the cafe and had a good laugh and a chat before going to the post office and chatting in there about the Canadian flag. It is 50 years old this year and I was asking what the previous flag was like. Apparently it had a small Union flag on it (I like the sound of that). We did some perusing in a book shop and then came home.

I noticed our barn had some amazing icicles growing from it so I went to take some photos. Unfortunately the snow is very deep and although I trod very carefully I sunk and got snow in my boots brrrrrrrrr. Huffle thought I was a burglar and came to challenge me as I let myself in (he can't hear anything in the bunker, he didn't even know I had taken the kids to school this morning).

I sorted washing and prepared dinner and before I knew it, the kids arrived home ON THE BUS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THIS MORNING! A quick snack and drink, a grab of their towels and swimming stuff and off we went for another weeks swimming lessons.

The boys did well at swimming, Smallest in particular is much improved in his breast stroke. When we got home Huffle almost had dinner waiting for us which we were very grateful for as we were hungry. We watched the end of Kangaroo Jack (the one with the kangaroo wearing a hoodie!!).

The injury list has decreased considerably and the only person suffering at the moment is Huffle with his hip!

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay for Next! Glad they came through. I use them lots.

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay for Next! Glad they came through. I use them lots.