Thursday 12 February 2015

Eat my heart!

It snowed some more during the night, maybe an inch or two. The temperatures started off not too bad but got to -31* (with windchill). Huffle worked in the bunker and I stayed at home after cancelling my walk with NoCustard due to the fact that it was too cold for walking that long. When the boys went to school, (it was Twins day so they dressed the same) I helped Huffle clear the drive and then I went for a short walk in the Hamlet. On the way (walking South) it was beautiful (very cold) sunny and bright but on the way home (North) the wind was biting. I started off with my hat and a scarf and on the way back my scarf was round my face and my hood was over my hat. I forgot to out thermals on under my trousers and my legs were frozen!

They have a few tops which are the same and they chose their Stoke tops - BOOOOO. Huffle edit - and bobby dazzlers they looked too

Huffle and I cleared a bit more of the snow and I made gingerbread hearts for my three Valentines. Huffle and I had lunch and then I decorated the gingerbread, watched some TV, knitted and tidied up.

When the boys came home, they brought with them all their valentines messages (any food they got today, they ate in school). They make such a big thing of Valentines Day here. The kids take in little cards and hand out cookies and sweets etc. Mine took in nothing and gave out nothing though they did take part in the Dance-A-Thon. Smallest came home yesterday and asked if I could give him more money. They have to get pledges (I suppose that's like sponsorship) to gain entry to the dance so I gave the boys their minimum $5 pledges. Smallest's teacher told his class that if they all got $22 each it would enable them to win the Pizza Party. Now I don't want to sound mean but there are 18 kids in his class, so that's $360 for a pizza party. I told him I would rather buy them a pizza as it would be cheaper. Honestly, when Small raised more money than anyone else in his class for something else, all he got was a poster that he didn't want. I'm not falling for that again. Smallest didn't even want to go to the Dance-A-Thon and came home saying that all they played was Taylor Swift (Though Small said otherwise).

Small went to his friend Log's house for an hour and a half and Smallest and I played on the Wii.

We had a Roast Chicken Dinner with Valentine Hearts (they loved them) for pudding.

 

 

No comments: