Monday 9 February 2015

The world doesn't fall down because you do!

Huffle didn't sleep well because he had aches and pains and I woke up and tried to lift my head to look at the clock and it wouldn't move. OUCH! When I got out of bed (which was a huge effort) I had many aches and pains too. The boys were both tired but went off to school anyway. Huffle worked from the Bunker and I had a slow relaxing breakfast and folded lots and lots of washing until midday when I went out to have lunch with Suffolk. I was supposed to be starting a new yoga class but I cancelled (I also dreamed about doing yoga!).

I treated myself to Belgium Waffles and a huge plate of fruit for lunch and we sat and chatted for ages. We drove off to a Sports warehouse for a look as I wanted a few things. Both boys have split and ripped their Snow Pants and of course it's the wrong time of year for snow gear. WHY - HAVE YOU SEEN OUTSIDE RECENTLY? HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW MUCH SNOW WE HAVE? I went into four shops and no-one has anything. I managed to get a pair of girls snow pants for Smallest (Shhhh don't tell him, though why they are girls I have no idea) and some football socks but that was it! I was fed up and my neck hurt so I came home.

We had soup for dinner so I just needed to heat it up and get some bread out of the freezer. When the boys came home they did homework and piano lessons and then Smallest and I went off to the doctors walk-in clinic. 30 minutes each way, 45 minutes waiting and a 15 minute check up. Smallest was checked for various things and found he had a slight ear infection and a rather red throat and glands so she gave him a prescription for antibiotics. Next she checked my neck (when I checked in with the receptionist she asked me what was wrong. I FELL AND HURT MY NECK. she sneered at me and said "was it a work injury?" NO! I felt I was being judged for trying to claim. I wasn't, I just wanted to know whether I should be resting or manipulating my neck as it seemed to be getting worse. She checked me for concussion and finally said it seemed to be a muscle injury and said she would send me for an X-Ray. I said I didn't think an x-Ray was needed so she wrote me a prescription for massage and physiotherapy. This country is crazy! Can you imagine them doing that in England? It is possibly Whip Lash which gets worse before it gets better so I need to rest for a week and if it's not better I can go for massage and physio (on the insurance) and if it doesn't improve I can go for an x-Ray!

We came home and had warming soup and Smallest watched a bit of TV before bed to let his antibiotics and soup go down. Hopefully he will start to improve soon.

Huffle took Small to Scouts and fetched him later. The tunnelled through a huge pile of snow and played dodgeball.

These are the winnings entries in the snow sculpture contest, so now we know what they are looking for, we will up our game next year.

 

 

No comments: