Sunday 15 February 2015

That's surrup that is!

I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz last night. The wind was whistling through the tiny cracks in the windows and I thought the house would blow away, or at least that the roof would blow off. Huffle, who hides away in the basement at the tiniest hint of a storm, was very calm and not at all worried. The incredible wind kept turning our security light on and off which woke me many times and I clenched my jaw so hard (without knowing) that my teeth ached. It was a terrible nights sleep. Luckily the boys slept through and when we woke this morning at past 9am (oooohhhh) the drive was clear of snow as it had been blown away. We imagined the whole of our road (2km) had all the snow blown down to the other end where it may have rested in front of the Hamlets General Store. The poor owner would be standing there hands on head worried that not only can he not get out but his precious customers couldn't get in.

This was our weather this morning (and it was colder than that during the night).

Anyway, thank you for your lovely words of support (once again you know who you are), and you are right, days like these are few and far between now. I took advice and we had a list day.

Smallest chose a load of games and things to do and after a couple of pancakes each (who couldn't be cheered with a pancake?) we started off with an old favourite of ours, The Race Through Space (a game that Aunty Miaow bought many years ago, an electronic dice which still uses the same battery from at least seven years ago). Small played his Joker on this game which doubled his points but Smallest won. It took forever.

Our second game was Carcassonne (Huffle played his joker) and I won this one. Smallest chose Table Tennis (Huffle and I played with our left hands against the boys) and played his joker but he forfeited his game due to injury (he bumped into the wall and banged his shoulder and then fell onto the corner of the table and poked his belly - he fell like the Hulk and sulked in his room). Huffle took the table tennis crown. This then gave us the chance to Skype Grandma and Grandad while Small practised piano and Smallest read his book.

Smallest and I did some colouring (very therapeutic) and then we started on MarioKart (my joker, don't know why because I can't even see which way the road goes!) and I lost and Huffle won. Table Football was won by Small. Next was Yahtzee which Smallest won. I played my joker on Stack 'me up (another family favourite) but Small won. We let the boys play on the wii while Huffle and I got dinner.

We finished watching Mr Peabody and Sherman and a bit of Winnie the Pooh. It has been a nice day today, obviously we haven't been outside as there have been frostbite warnings. All in all, our list day ended in Small winning overall, Smallest was 2nd and Huffle was third. I was way behind but it didn't matter, it was fun.

Around about 7pm the boys started a fight and were sent to their rooms until it was Smallest's bedtime. Silly boys, obviously too long in each other's company. Still they both came and apologised. Wonder what tomorrow holds as it is Family Day, nothing open (including school) and it's still Bloomin' cold out there!

I only stepped outside onto the porch to take this photo and I felt like I was a snowman!
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: