Tuesday 17 February 2015

Close your eyes and count to three

Another cold one (well there's a surprise) but not too cold or snowy for the bus to take the kids to school (thank goodness).

Huffle worked in the bunker and took a lot of phone calls and I did washing, changed beds and tidied until just before midday when I went to school and picked up Smallest to take him to the doctors. We had a note from the school board saying that there was some confusion over Smallest's immunisations. When we first arrived we filled out a form saying which jabs the kids had had and when. We arrived with a full copy of all of our medical notes so this wasn't too difficult. However I think I wrote that he had one when it was just a reminder to have one. So one of his injections he should have had in 2011, he didn't have (for whatever reason). Today our doctor sat with us and went through all of his records and we decided he hadn't had the last group so he had it today. The nurse was absolutely brilliant with him as he sat on my knee and had my arms encasing him so he couldn't move. We had spent the time in the waiting room practising a jab by me flicking his arm. He found this very funny. After he was injected he laughed (not quite the response I was expecting considering his father falls down at the sight of a needle, huffle edit - I'm much improved these days with all the bloody visits to the dentists and medicals for immigration). He said it stung and the nurse said it would ache for two to three days as he had a tetanus too. He decided he would go back to school so I dropped him off and came home.

This afternoon I made soup for dinner and mopped all the floors downstairs.

Today is Moo's birthday so I Skyped her earlier and sang and watched her open her cards and the boys sang to her while we were having dinner. We rushed out for football once again. Tonight there was a shortage of chairs and everyone was either trying to take someone else chair or looking for spare ones (the spectators obviously not the kids playing football).

I did a bit of food shopping while they played and came back in time to see Smallest's last half and all of Small's training.

Amazing sun this evening.

 

No comments: