Wednesday 11 February 2015

I shall say this only once

When I woke up this morning, I had no neck pain. Whoosh just like that it was gone. How bizarre! After a while though I felt it when doing certain moves so decided not to go to aerobics today just in case I exacerbated it (Huffle word - nice). Instead I had a slow breakfast and then did some food shopping. Thats when I realised that carrying heavy bags did not help unless I walked at an odd angle wih my nose in the air In a Princess Poggle style.

Back home, Huffle unpacked for me while I had lunch quickly and then drove off to my new Pottery class. Five weeks in which we get to make a different thing each week (I think). Our teacher is a Swiss lady with a French accent who can't understand anything I say. She spent most of the class saying knob which my childish humour found very funny and I sniggered a lot. It was all very basic (I say this because I spent a good year at night school doing pottery and poor Moo has lots of homemade pottery made by me (I have a piggy bank and a some bookends). We made pinch pots today using two pieces of clay that we pinched into shape. I made a kind of lidded pot with a knob on top (see what I mean?) with an indented design on the sides which will be inked over in the glazing process apparently. Next week we are making a slab! I thought this meant a paving slab but apparently it is something to do with a Sushi Boat (or I may have got her translation wrong). She said because I had done pottery before I could make what I wanted but I'll see what we do.

Mine is the top right one (the girl that did the bird was amazing, she has been lots of times)

It was snowing when we came out and the visibility on the roads was very poor. I didn't even see the police car behind me. I thought it was stopping me but it just wanted to get past thank goodness.

LEFT: the roads on the way home and me proving how snowy it was!

Huffle was watching the football when I got back (Stoke lost). When Smallest came home (Small snowboarded tonight) we Skyped Grandma and Grandad with his report. He had a very good report with five Goods and one Satisfactory (which he wasn't pleased about at all) for organisation, despite the fact that he has improved with his organisation of his desk, his work is neat and tidy and he brings his agenda in most days - poor Smallest, what does he have to do? He got three A's, four A-, six B+'s and two B's. He thought he should get more A's and was a bit disappointed but we think he has done really well. There is nothing they say he needs to work on, just continue with his good work so how he improves we are not sure. Well done Smallest x

We had dinner and then the three of us played on the Wii playing MarioKart and Super Mario Bros. Smallest went to bed and Huffle went to collect Small from school where he was dropped off after snowboarding. He brought his report home and had opened it because his teacher said "if your parents won't tell you off, you can read it". He said he knew we wouldn't like him opening it but........ Cheeky bum! He got five Excellents and one Good. He also got six A's, four A-'s, six B+'s and three B's. Fabulous. Well done Small x

This was a photo I found on Facebook that one of the Hamlet people posted - it's us!! Photo stolen from a Hamletite.

 

5 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

That reminds me of you doing pottery when you stayed with us in Australia.

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

That reminds me of you doing pottery when you stayed with us in Australia.

famfa said...

I don't remember that. I wonder what I made? X

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

You made some cute little round vases. Oh dear I am doing the double comment again!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

You made some cute little round vases. Oh dear I am doing the double comment again!