Sunday 8 February 2015

Oops watch that hose!

I missed these photos from yesterday's walk home from The Carnival

It snowed a bit more through the night. Goodness knows how much we have had now (it's still not as high as previous years.....yet!).

After breakfast, showers and homework, Huffle decided to fix the dishwasher as it has been stopping with errors and not draining properly recently. Off came the pipe and he sat on the floor for half an hour holding a pipe over a bucket while I cleaned various bits of the inside. In the end I sent him off to watch the football and did my bit holding the pipe whilst playing scrabble with the lovely Em online, happy with my cup of coffee and IPad. Then disaster struck when the pipe suddenly started squirting water and I panicked and knocked my coffee over. Coffee moved slowly towards my IPad, the boys came running in to bring towels to mop up the mess and move the IPad. Huffle panicked because he had lost the remote control and the game was still playing without him. Finally he said he had paused the dishwasher and I could take the pipe out of the bucket, except that he hadn't paused the dishwasher, just pushed a button that did nothing and water started squirting out again. Bloomin' idiots. Eventually, water and coffee was cleared up, remote found and order was restored in the house of chaos.

After football and a clear up of all things kitcheny, we had lunch and got ourselves kitted out for an afternoon on the slopes. Huffle's snowboard repair shop was in action as he fixed Small's bindings. It was possibly the coldest it has been whilst snowboarding this year. -17 (including windchill). We booked Smallest in for a lesson and went up a couple of lifts all together and boarded down without incident.

Smallest went off for his lesson and Small, Huffle and I went up one of the bigger lifts. After a few runs down, I fell off the chairlift at the top, backwards and banged my head really bad. They stopped the lift and asked if I wanted the ski patrol called. I had no idea, it hurt very bad but I didn't black out. We sat by the side till I had recovered and then we went down. Small went and collected Smallest from his lesson and Huffle coaxed me down slowly. It was horrible as I had no confidence at all so when we got down, Huffle sent me in for a coffee. Smallest came in with me for a hot Chocolate and I sat and warmed his frozen toes. What a pair!

We joined back up with Huffle and Small and went up the smaller lifts all together. I went with Huffle and he talked me through getting off and all was fine. We all came down well. Smallest's lessons are really paying off now. He is so confident.

Huffle and I crashed at the top of the chairlift and I fell backwards again and hit my hip and neck on his board. After that I went up with Small as he is much nicer to crash into. In fact Small was fabulous today when he went on the chairlift with Smallest. He held on to him as they both got off and guided him to safety. Bless him.

By 5pm. We were done. Achey, tired and cold we came home and had tea in front of Mr Beans holiday (what silliness).

Our poor snowmen/women have been covered up.

This evening, Huffle and I found out that we had won first prize and third prize for our photographs yesterday. We are very proud, though are not sure which ones were the winning ones, or what we have won. WAHOO.

Tonight we have a 'freezing drizzle' warning in effect and Snow is forecast from Wednesday Pm to Thirsday with 6-12cm.

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouchy, hope you not too battered and bruised. Congrats for the photos, how did the snowman scene do?

famfa said...

In pain today!!! Snowmen did get anything but as juggle says "we can't win everything" though next year we are going to try

famfa said...

I typed the above too early - eyes weren't open! We didn't win anything for snowmen will post pics of winners later. Huffle says we can't win everything but we will try next year ha xx

AA said...

Be careful on those slopes!! There I was thinking I was the most injury prone snowboarder. Okay so I was never quite a snowboarder....

xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh I always hated coming off the lift on my snowboard. Hearing you describe your fall makes me even more determined never to board again!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh I always hated coming off the lift on my snowboard. Hearing you describe your fall makes me even more determined never to board again!

famfa said...

No I think I take the award these days. I'm too old for this **** is what I keep telling huffle!! You were a fabulous snowboarder - 10/10 for perseverance xx

famfa said...

You would think they could make it easier for boarders! What about surfboarding? With those waves surely? Xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I don't surfboard either. I am a bit scared of those big waves of ours. I don't make a very good Aussie really. I spalsh about in the waves no further than my hips.

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I don't surfboard either. I am a bit scared of those big waves of ours. I don't make a very good Aussie really. I spalsh about in the waves no further than my hips.