Saturday 14 February 2015

Somehow a chip fell in my boot*

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. Huffle made me a beautiful zentangle card. I thought it was a printed one, it was THAT good. I made him one too. Smallest made one which I think was for me and Small didn't bother.

TL : mine. TR: Huffle's with a thumb print

BOTTOM: Smallest's. He is obsessed with the Asda Roll Back symbol and puts it on every card he makes. I am a skunk apparently, Daddy has huge ears, but he did make me a lovely heart dot to dot which I filled in.

TL: view from sun room back side with snow piled on the BBQ. TM: moguls in a car park. TR: blizzard from stair window.

BL: our house with tree shadow. BM: icicles from our roof. BR: my poor snow lady - what happened to her nose!

Some days are a struggle and today was no exception. The boys watched the football and I watched Broadchurch (what a brilliant series) and did some knitting. Stoke lost 4-1 (that was the start of the badness). The kids had a bit of time on the wii before we made them get changed and showered. Then we made them try on sandals due to the fact we are going on holiday in just ten days time.

For Huffle's 40th birthday (I know - he seems much older somehow) he decided he wanted us to go to Disney again. I have to say I was amazed as I was convinced he would want just me and him to go to Rome or Europe or somewhere equally delicious, however he surprised me. Consequently everyone in this house is happy we are going (the kids are ecstatic). He booked us a villa in Florida close to Disney and we are staying for a week. That is why we were trying on sandals. Everyone has them except Small (who should now be referred to as Big Feet). Apparently last Summer his sandals broke and we threw them away.

Out we went for a trip to The Country Market to buy Huffle some hard slippers for wearing in the Bunker. Despite the fact the Internet told us the market was open, it wasn't, so off we went to Walmart where they had absolutely NOTHING! We tried a couple of shops closeby but they had nothing either.

We were hungry and grumpy and we went to eat at the restaurant Huffle had chosen for us specifically as it was rated in the top ten best restaurants for our local town. Of course, it wasn't there anymore and was replaced by a European restaurant (which made Huffle even grumpier). We went to a place we have been to often and had a nice dinner. *one of those delightful quotes from Smallest who kept dropping his chips (fries) and a couple fell in his snow boots!

Next we went to the bank and tried to open some accounts for the kids. We can't do this unless we have two forms of identification for the kids and they have to be with us. Therefore we need to make an appointment (I vaguely remember trying to do the same thing last Summer when they were at school). Huffle thinks the only reason they need us to make an appointment is so they can get their best salesperson to try and sell us other services - well they picked the wrong person didn't they! Plus, if I have the kids with me, the only thing I will be buying is childcare! Ha! However, we did manage to bank a cheque and get some US money for America.

We then went off to the Mall where we found nothing, nada, nil, bob-all! Four miserable figures trudging through the mall. One last stop at a shoe shop on the way home where I asked the girls in there PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND SOME SANDALS FOR MY BIG FOOTED SON. They told me (honestly) that it was a problem finding normal shoes for that size let alone sandals. They suggested buying them when we arrived in Florida. That really made Huffle grumpy, the thought of having to shop whilst on holiday.

So we came home and I made chocolate mousse for everyone to cheer us up. Then Huffle looked online and found a shop in England that had sales on all things sandally so we ordered a pair for Small and a pair for me and sent them to Grandma's house. We know they won't get here in time for our holiday but it's something. SORRY GRANDMA IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND WE HAVENT WARNED YOU YET THAT YOU ARE GETTING A DELIVERY TO BRING TO US. I blame your son!

Smallest and Huffle played football on the wii, Small played on the IPad and I blogged. Today is one of those days where I don't like living here. It's bloody cold and I don't want to go outside and yet from inside the house when the sun is shining, it looks so beautiful and white and crisp - well it's deceiving. I hate not knowing where to go to buy certain things and the fact that everything seems so far away to get to. Huffle tells me we must have had days like this in England but I can't believe that right now because I'm too fed up to think that my real home could be anything but perfect.

Tomorrow is supposed to be much colder. Too cold to snowboard or sledge unless you want your ears to fall off or your face to freeze. No-one has any idea of what to do and there doesn't seem to be anything on at the cinema. I think I may just hibernate under a nice warm blanket and come out for late Spring when the grass is green.

SIGH

 

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

AA said...

Chin up my dear. I think you should have a list day tomorrow, that always cheers me up.

xxx

famfa said...

Thanks aunty a - that's probably what we will do xx

Unknown said...

Just dream of being in Disney in 10 days time. How far from Cousin Pest will you be? At least these days are now far and few between. I'm off for a walk in Bradgate with S, I always think of you all now when I go. Here's to a better day 2day.x

famfa said...

Too far - at least 4 1/2 hours drive. Have a lovely walk - hope to see photos of deer and trees later then x

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Next for sandals? They usually deliver to me in under a week!http://au.nextdirect.com/en/boys/shoes/older-boys/1

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Next for sandals? They usually deliver to me in under a week!http://au.nextdirect.com/en/boys/shoes/older-boys/1

famfa said...

Thanks mrs.r - sandals have been ordered and are on the way. No tax, no duty - fabulous. Hopefully they arrive in time xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Yay!