Monday 23 February 2015

Hours Away from warmth

Both boys were still in bed when I got up. Small was asleep and had to be woken and said "but aren't we going on holiday?" And Smallest lay in bed reading his book. "I thought we had to stay in bed because we were going on holiday". Tomorrow - you wallies! Then Smallest came downstairs wearing the clothes we had put out for him to wear on the plane.

-21* with windchill of -30* this morning which actually hurt my bare ankles as I was looking for sun hats in the sun room (sun room Pah, we should be calling it the chiller at the moment as there is no way you can go in there voluntarily). Despite the coldness, I made sure the boys were outside and ready for the bus this morning.

Huffle worked from the bunker and I ran around the house looking for things we hadn't yet packed, including my sun hat which I was convinced was hidden under a couple of feet of snow when we built the snowmen originally. I never did find it!

Huffle worked from the bunker and I spent the day washing, packing, charging, clearing, tidying and sorting. I managed a Skype with Moo and a quick Skype with Grandma and Grandad.

During the charging of various devices we lost the DS charger and found it again, we realised Small's IPad wasn't ever going to charge ever again,

When the boys came home they showered, tidied their rooms, packed their flight bags and played on the wii. There was some confusion over whether the piano teacher was coming or not (Smallest passed on a message!!!) and she never appeared so we had dinner early, cancelled Scouts and Beavers and watched Tv and went to bed early.

See you in Florida (hands waving frantically with an excited grin on face).

 

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Yay....have a fab holiday - looking forward to seeing some ice cream pics!! x