Thursday 31 March 2016

A filling day

It rained all night and most of the day. Very wet. The boys went to school in wellies and waterproofs, Huffle went to work and I had a peaceful breakfast. This morning I went out to our local town, trying to find Suffolk a birthday present (it was Tuesday but I see her tomorrow). I went to a lovely quilt shop and spent a considerable time just looking. With the weather being so yucky and the shop being full of lovely material, I could have stayed there all day.

The rest of the morning I spent tidying and looking for extra scratches and chips in the granite as the crew were due this afternoon.

Huffle and I stuck loads of tape near the chips for ease

MrBasement arrived first and confirmed the cracks and chips had increased. MrGranite came next and was pretty shocked by all the tape over the worktop. He said it wasn't as bad as we thought as the cracks are just 'fissures' and part of the natural stone. They were not cracks, they will not open up and they certainly won't get any worse. He didn't believe me that the cracks or fissures have been been steadily appearing. He didn't believe that the chips just keep on appearing. He filled all the chips and buffed it all and when MrsRona arrived, she made him fill some of the tiny tiny ones that he said weren't worth it. They were here for a quite a while and I said I would keep an eye on the granite. MrGranite said he wanted Huffle and I to come to the shop and warehouse where he will show us the stone plus a video to show how it is cut and polished etc. He said he wanted us to understand he wasn't trying to trick us or anything and it just was Natural Stone and that's what stone does. I wasn't 100% convinced but now that MrsRona has seen it and MrBasement confirmed it was worse, at least I have them on my side should it get worse. He left saying he was going to ask the owner if I could have a Granite Chopping Board for our trouble.

After they all went, I had my lunch, watched The A Word and made two soups for tonight's dinner plus a bread.

The boys came home, homework was done and when Huffle came home he and the boys sorted out the KubKars. Holes were drilled, weights added, wheels straightened, wood filler smoothed and sanded and varnish applied. We will look at them again tomorrow for more enhancements, racing day is Saturday.

Smallest and I played Jenga and domino rally, made silly videos and drew a picture but I can't tell you what it is yet. At bedtime, Smallest and I played mini basketball and Huffle and I watched Ant and Dec with Small.

 

No comments: