Wednesday 9 November 2016

Baskets of Tuba

Need I say more? My Canadian friends found this funny.

It's getting colder. I can feel that chill in the air telling me snow is on the way. The sun came out today though and it was beautiful, I could still feel that chill though!!!!

The boys went to school. Huffle worked in the bunker and in his moments of needing to walk around, managed to pretty much finish the drain pipe river bed at the side of the house. We tested it and it works beautifully. We need a few more rocks and some more planting but it looks good.

I went to aerobics and really struggled as my legs, knees and bum are killing me from my walk/run on Monday and cutting out material on Tuesday. Hopefully I won't hurt too much tomorrow and Friday like last week. Today we had a man in our sessions. One of the ladies husbands wanted to try it out. We were told to lessen the boob talk but we couldn't help it, it just happened.

I popped to school to drop Small's tuba off, had a quick chat with the Secretary and then went in to talk with the Principal about why the school called me and not Evan on Friday. She wasn't there so she found it difficult to comment but looked through her notes that the supply Principal had left and found the whole sorry story. I did explain to her that being British, we had a different sense of humour and found teasing to be perfectly normal (definitely in our house anyway) and that I had spoken to Smallest about the fact that people here might not 'get it'. She found that funny. At the end of her notes was a "called Evans mum but no answer". That made me feel better that they had at least tried though why they hadn't left a message I don't know. Anyway, I came away from there feeling much better.

MrsRoyal sent me a message saying coffee was being served so I popped around on the way home, had coffee and picked up the key (to look after the house while they are away in England). I came home, had my shower and had lunch with Huffle and then spent a couple of hours making a Tuna Bake for dinner.

Later I went for a walk by myself and popped to see Evans Mum and we chatted about the situation. We are going to let the boys handle it now as they are both friends again. I met up with ClownRose and we had a quick walk before the kids got off their bus.

After dinner, Smallest and I went to football practice where they were playing very nicely on a whole field and then got turfed off and had to play on a half field. Coach did not look happy as that is the whole reason for having the Wednesday practice. Oh well, we'll see what happens next.

Small and Huffle went off to basketball where Small's team won 31-0. Small got 10 baskets (20 of the 31 points). Huffle said the Coach found it very funny and called

 

No comments: