Wednesday 16 November 2016

Tommy S on ChocNipMuffin

For those of you that work all day standing up. I salute you. Today I went to school to volunteer for Chef a l'ecole. I have done this before so knew what to expect (basically of LOT of standing around and poking of students who arent listening, rolling out pastry, washing up, oven checking, more washing up) but today I was there ALL DAY. I started at 9am and I briefly left between 12:15 and 12:35 to go home and eat lunch, and I carried on until 3:45. I was exhausted, mentally and physically. I helped out with four classes. Small's was first and I got to help his little group of five. They were very well behaved, funny and worked well together. The second class was Smallest's. I didn't work with his group as there was another mum there who wanted to work with her little angel so instead I took control of the ovens and another group who worked well and behaved pretty well. I was the only mum who ran up and down the stairs, baking, washing up and bringing the pastries down. Who knows what the others were messing about at! Then we stopped for lunch which mainly meant me washing up some more before I got home. Huffle wasn't home so I shouldn't have bothered really but it was nice to sit down properly if only for 20 minutes.

The afternoon classes were one tiny group of seven kids who were extremely well behaved and quiet and had the tiniest hands which proved difficult for them to squish the pastry dough together. This was my favourite group as I had a headache all day and they were nice and quiet. The last class were boisterous, noisy, didn't listen, didn't care and had me running ragged again. Fortunately one of the other mums took over control of the oven and helped me clear up at the end. The pastry they made was called Nunfarts. We had a discussion about English v Canadian words over this one. I had a laugh as I like the French teacher a lot and she has a good sense of humour. The French chef was very appreciate of my hard work. Glad I don't volunteer every day or even every week! I met a mum who said of Smallest "oooohhhh Smallest, who could ever get mad at him?".

Huffle had to go in to the office midday to pick up his fixed laptop. He spent the rest of the day on the phone. He did get a package from M&S in which he had to pay $60+ because of duty tax and handling fee. DONT SEND STUFF FROM M&S. it's not worth it. Even though they have small (and we're talking tiny) terms and conditions, it still appears we get ripped off. I'm guessing that's the Canadian system and not M&S themselves.

The boys got home before I did because I forgot where I parked the car. DOH! We had a very quick early dinner again in order to get Huffle and Smallest out on time for football practice. The boys watched Small's TV and ate dinner up there again watching I'm a Celeb. Huffle guest starred in goal today for Smallest's team. Smallest told me tonight that Small lets him watch TV under sufferance but he is not allowed on his bed or to even touch it.

I took Small to basketball and wrote a letter to try and block out the sound of idiot boys (Small excluded) not listening or paying attention. I sat on the cold wooden floor until my bum and legs were numb. On the way home we encountered several twits (and believe me that is not what I called them whilst driving) and had to flash one that overtook me dangerously from the inside lane and then slowed right down and kept braking suddenly.

This evening we watched I'm a celeb. Eeeeek, the eating task was horrendous, I couldn't watch.

No comments: