Monday 14 November 2016

Escape from StinkyAlan

The boys went to school and were supposed to wear their England shirts to taunt any Scottish pretenders (I say pretenders because there are a lot of people here who suddenly support Scottish Football, and have relatives or distant heritage, but only when they are winning) however they forgot. Huffle worked from home and found out his laptops motherboard was faulty and needs to be sent away. I went into work and worked in the Greenhouse with Red and Jan and did cuttings all morning. At break time we stopped for coffee and swapped shortbread. Red and I both made Jan's recipe and they both turned out completely different. Today was our last working day as Jeff needs to close up the Greenhouse to keep maximum warmth in there. HAPPY CHRISTMAS LADIES, SEE YOU IN THE SPRING.

I came home and had lunch with Huffle and then I went into the garden and cut down everything I could find that needed cutting, moved a few of the precious ornaments back into the barn and then mulched the huge amount of dry leaves on the drive using the ancient antiquated old push mower we have. Actually it did a really good job and was a very satisfying job to do. Unfortunately I then had to move all the mulchings on to the garden beds and then sweep the whole drive (exhausting) on the garden. I wanted to get it done before the weather turned as the leaves were lovely dry and crispy. I'm hoping the mulch will just disappear over the winter months and we won't have to rake it all off in Spring. Yes Grandad we put our tools away later.

ClownRose and I went for a walk until the bus brought the kids home and then the rush began. The boys wanted to watch I'm a celebrity so went upstairs in Small's room to watch it. Piano started late as MrsPiano didn't get my message to come early if she could. I gave the boys their dinner early which they happily ate in Small's room in front of his TV (what a treat). Smallest almost finished his by the time MrsPiano got here and the rest of his dinner went in the oven to keep warm. Small managed all of his before his lesson and then they both went off to Cubs and Scouts with their Leader. Tonight they went to The Escape Rooms. Small has been here before and they both really enjoyed it tonight. Smallest was in a room with two leaders and five other Cubs and they were all spies about to be executed. They had 45 minutes to get out using codes, puzzles and riddles. They got out with ten minutes to spare. Small's room was a harder one because they have all done it before. It was a Speakeasy and they also had 45 minutes to get out. They didn't make it but they were close. He was in a room with StinkyAlanFartridge and Monty and two other Scouts.

Huffle and I didn't get to do much. I had a shower while Huffle went for a walk and then we sorted washing, made beds, emptied and filled the dishwasher and then finally sat down and watched I'm a Celebrity. The boys came home and pretty much went to bed.

Huffle dropped a glass Pyrex jar on the worktop today and it chipped the granite really badly. The bloomin' cheap glass jar hasn't suffered at all! WOW! Isn't Granite supposed to be the toughest stone available? How come in th UK we had granite for 9 years and never had any issues, problems, anything? I have emailed the lady who sorted it all for us and asked if she can get a call to the company who supplied it to see if they can fix it! Bloody Hell!

1 comment:

AA said...

I'm pleased there was no Scot taunting! Shocking.

;) xx