Friday 25 November 2016

You little dinglebat

Small had to wake both Smallest and I this morning. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was a more milder day today with rain later. Apparently we need lots of rain and then lots of snow so that our wells get filled up otherwise we are going to have huge problems. OH!

I left Huffle working and painting. He is almost all the way round the dado (chair) rail now. It does look nice. I went off to knitting where I finished a project (shhhhhhhh). We have decided we are all going on a road trip next Friday, to a wool shop and for lunch. Not too far away but it will be different.

Suffolk and I went for lunch where I tried Corn Chowder Soup for the first time. Nice. I asked the young man in there (not one who is used to our foibles) what Corn Chowder was and he said "it's like Corn Chowder but a soup". Umm that was helpful. Suffolk had chilli but picked out the beans and I had her Tex mex scone which was very nice with my soup.

Today it was Black Friday so we poddled around the few shops there to see if we could get any bargains. We got a few but nothing too spectacular. I was feeling very agitated by people and in one shop I had to ask four times for something I was looking for and this happened for three separate things - aaarrrrggghhhhh, plus I was having problems with people and their trolleys. DONT BOTHER SAYING EXCUSE ME, DONT WORRY ABOUT BUMPING ME AND CERTAINLY DONT THANK ME FOR GETTING OUT OF YOUR WAY YOU..............

I came home to news of a mouse in the pantry. I then spent four hours of hard, continuous work, taking everything out, cleaning the shelves, disinfecting and re-boxing everything. Huffle found droppings as high up as our middle shelf!!!! So annoying. Luckily, most of our food is in containers but a few things we had to throw out. It looks as if little meeces have chewed their way through the foil wrapper of a nutrigrain bar and eaten huge chunks out of it. That's probably been feeding a whole family for weeks. Eeeuuuugggghhhh.

7pm and the whole pantry was cleaned and disinfected and all food containers and tins wiped clean. Floors hoovered, mopped and swiffed. ALL CLEAN NOW. Huffle brought us back some pizza after all of us got stuck in and helped.

Smallest had a friend round to play (Evan) and they both played Club Penguin on the computer. They were very good and I didn't hear a peep out of them. Small watched I'm a Celebrity in his room.

We finished the Ghostbusters film. Meh! Tired now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

 

No comments: