Friday 11 November 2016

Bog seat warmer*

One thing the clocks going back has made better, is the fact it is lighter on the morning. Now the daylight filters in beautifully and wakes us gently. It makes me feel better in the morning than the rude awakening of an alarm clock or a little person standing by your bed wondering why their lunch isn't made!

No need to rake the leaves, the wind is moving them around and piling them up without us having to do the hard work.

Huffle didn't sleep well and got up to find his laptop had died. This made him grumpier and after a considerable call to his Help Desk, the conclusion was to go into the office and pick up a spare one until his was fixed again! He did get back for lunch though and was much happier.

This morning there was a Remembrance Assembly at school and Small did a presentation. He didn't tell us so we didn't go but Smallest said he sounded "very Canadian" so maybe that's why he didn't tell us!

I went off to knitting. A lot of the women there unfortunately have lost a child (which is how most of them became friends in the first place) and today's chat was mainly about 'angels' as a few of them went to listen to someone speak about the subject. I did lots of my knitting, drank coffee and listened. On my way home I picked up some more wool and milk and headed home for lunch with a happier Huffle.

I walked to Orange's house to pick up my new Yoga Mat and then met up who ClownRose and we walked until the school bus came home. It was very very windy today and was quite chilly, still sunny but cold!

I popped to the Royals house as I noticed one of their windows was wide open and I shut it (hope they didn't leave it open on purpose). We Facetimed Moo, watched the end of the England game and the boys did their homework, piano practice, a chore and then played on their tablets while I made pizza dough for dinner and some yummy shortbread.

We watched the end of Capt America Civil War and then Plant Earth2 which was was excellent.

At bedtime, I read BOY to Smallest. This is about Roald Dahl's childhood and he talked about when he was at Repton Public School. He was an official *bog seat warmer for one of the Head Boys during the Winter months. Nice! He also mentioned that Cadburys would send them all a chocolate box at Christmas with newly invented bars in and they had to taste them and comment. This is where he got the idea for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's a great read though Smallest was not happy about when I read that his nose was practically cut off!!!!!

 

No comments: