Saturday 12 November 2016

I went to Clacton and saw a nutter on the beach

This morning we learned there was no football game to take Smallest to and no practice either. Wow. A whole day to ourselves. We sat around eating breakfast, chatting, looking up Christmas presents online and texting grandma ideas for books we wanted. It was a lovely morning with no obligations. As Huffle, once again, didn't sleep well, we decided we would go for a walk to try and tire him out a bit. The boys kicked the leaves on the drive before we went. I was wearing my long cardi and they love the fact that leaves stick to it!

We chose to eat dinner at a Fish and Chip shop (Saturday Special price) near the lake but spied a wholesale place nearby so went in and looked around. The boys found a bag of indoor snowballs which they played with on the way round. They both found some Winter gloves, Huffle found a couple of belts he wanted and Small got a pillow he has been looking for, so some more Christmas presents sorted.

Smallest stuck this emoji pillow in his fleece hood!

Our walk started on the park where the boys played on the swing, twirly thing and a roundabout. I went rock searching. Huffle left me on the beach with a man walking towards me. Of course, he stopped and said "loads of rocks eh?" It's true, Canadians really do say eh! though they say they don't! He then continued to tell me about the rocks he picked up and the paintings he did on them and then showed me photos on his phone, which I couldn't actually see because the sun was so bright, but I feigned interest and managed to walk away. Huffle says I always attract the nutters! That's why I married you Huffle dearest.

It was a beautifully bright and sunny day but was very cool and we had to wear hats and gloves. We walked along the boardwalk, through the marina and across the fields to the supermarket and picked up some treats. Needing some warmth and a hot drink we went into Tim Hortons (not our favourite place but sometimes it's all there is). We took our treats in there and sat in the corner eating them with our hot drink. I can't bear their coffee so I had a Chamomile Tea while the rest had the sickly sweet hot chocolate.

We walked back across the fields, through the marina and back along the boardwalk playing "I went to Clacton and took..........." which is a word game which kept us entertained for a long time. Smallest scared the seagulls while I tried to take photos of them and wandered along the beach.

Back home, more leaf kicking, and then we sat and watched The Next Great Magician and the ridiculousness that is XFactor.

 

No comments: