Tuesday 8 November 2016

Four hours cutting

A lovely night's sleep though I did wake up at 6am automatically instead of 7:30am. I am still blaming the clocks going back. Apparently a province here in Canada has decided it isn't going to change their clocks anymore. They decided that people can use their own judgement and if they want to see more daylight they can bloomin' well get up earlier. If it wasn't Saskatchewan, I would make us move there ha! I tell you where I'm not moving to and that's the US? This evening we followed the election results where Trump appeared to be winning. However, Clintons counters were obviously slow as her results were very slow to be counted. We watched a CNN election special and the presenters were definitely Democrats and they were panicking. By 10:48pm Trump was winning but we couldn't stay up any later.

I wasn't sure what to do with myself today as I am not working on a Tuesday anymore. Huffle suggested I may have one or two projects that needed doing. Christmas Cake and Curtains. I had been trying to avoid both of these but decided to make a start on the curtains (well Blinds really). After the boys went to school and I finished my breakfast, I headed up to the loft where my material was all laid out on the cold wooden floor (no heating up there). I put the radio on, drank my coffee and spent the next four hours (with lunch included in that) cutting three pieces of material. Ridiculous but I found it very stressful. The material has huge patterns on it and I wanted all three Blinds to look the same so I had to chose where to cut. Anyway I got it done and it has killed my back from lots of sitting on the cold floor and bending over. Still it's done now. I should have cut the lining too but after four hours I had had enough. I wrote a letter and then went out for a walk and posted it.

On my walk I bumped in to Mrs Royal and we had a chat. I also bumped into Evans mum who asked me about the incident between her son and Smallest. She had not had a call from the school. So, two boys are in an argument. One gets kicked by the other. The one who gets kicked gets a call to their mum but the one who kicked does not! How does that work? Why is that so? She was devastated and upset. We are friends and we have decided we are both going to the school (possibly together) to see what has happened. In Evans defence, when Smallest told him he had bruised him, he asked if he was okay. So he does care, he just has a problem communicating. I had a chat with ClownRose before meeting the bus and running back home.

Small practised piano (and chose another song for his Recital) and Tuba, did a chore and played on his tablet until dinner. Smallest helped me make dinner tonight. He made the meatballs and set the table while I made mine and the sauce. After dinner, Huffle took Smallest to football practice where he learnt that lots of kids went to the Sunday practice, in fact too many were there.


Smallest mixing my veggie balls

Small and I stayed at home. We had many games of Guess Who, watched TV and crocheted (me not him).

 

 

No comments: