Thursday 17 November 2016

Bodget, Scarper and a ladder

When the kids went to school, I had a lovely slow breakfast, tided up, donned my running gear and went off for my day 3 of Couch to 5k. My app has Day 1, 2 and 3 of week 1 and then Day 1 of week 2 and then runs out until I pay for the next step. I decided I would do Day 3 of Week 1 even though I started last week. That all sounds complicated but I'm hoping I can look back and know exactly what I have done. So, I started my walk by picking up the Royals paper and then turned around and did my warm up walk for 5 minutes. Then I ran for 1 minute which was surprisingly quick and easy (I could have ran longer), I walked for 1.5 minutes and then ran and so on and so on. This time I decided to run in a circle instead of up the road and back again. This was much better except that I had to walk up a huge hill (no way of running it yet) and there were tons of lorries driving past with no path for me to walk/run on and I was a bit intimated by them all thundering past me. I was also stopped part way for directions and I couldn't turn the app off. Still, I did 30 minutes or more and walked/ran for 3.5km and found it easier, I was less breathless and my legs didn't hurt quite so much. Huzzah!

I came home, had a shower and then had lunch with Huffle before I then went off and did a food shop. On the way home I was followed by a police car for ages and I had to drive really slow to stay within the speed limit. In the end I pulled in to school to get away from him. In school I checked with Small to see if he wanted me to take the Tuba home, had a chat with MrsMuppet who told me we should get Smallest tested for giftedness. (I told her we did and he failed miserably ha ha). We know he's intelligent, they both are but they seem to be doing okay where they are and we know they are gifted in their own right. aren't we all?

When I got back, Huffle had the long ladder out and was waiting for me to help hold it while he went up and cleared the guttering of leaves, sycamore seeds and general mess. He did a good job except when he whacked me with the ladder twice on my ankle.

ClownRose came over with LittleFin and we went for a walk leaving Huffle to clear the lower one by himself. We walked for about 40 minutes and we pulled LittleFin in a wagon that was really noisy and hard to talk over. We taught him how to high five. I drove to school and picked up the Tuba and Small, leaving Smallest to accompany MissM on the bus.

I made a soup for dinner and pretended I made a huge round bread too that I really bought at the supermarket. Small and I went to football leaving Smallest and Huffle playing FIFA (Smallest won easily). I haven't been to one of Small's game this time so it was good to see what he got up to. I think he played better on the outside pitch as it was bigger. He wasnt enamoured with CoachOl stopping and starting the game but at least he didn't play against the girls which is what they were told last week.

 

No comments: