Thursday 3 November 2016

Hello and Goodbye

Small had to be woken this morning. Smallest woke me. ClownRose was worried about LittleMo on the bus as she had said she didn't like it and was worried people were laughing at her. I checked with the boys this morning to see what the deal was. Apparently Smallest doesn't always sit with her anymore as his 'reading buddy' is also on the bus and he sometimes cries if Smallest doesn't sit with him. Poor Smallest, such responsibility. He said he would try and sit with her more and keep an eye on her but they both said that she seemed fine and chatted to whoever she was sitting with and laughed along with the others. No-one was laughing AT her. Today she wore a hat that used to belong to Smallest and she loved it and looked very cool.

Boys went to school. Huffle worked from home. I went in to the Garden Centre and worked in the Greenhouse with MrsRed. We did lots of succulent cuttings and I made up six baskets of 'Mother Plants'. MrsRed doesn't want to work for much longer and is going to see if she can suggest me to take over from her. The pay isn't great and it's plenty more hours than I do now but I live the closest so it could be good. We'll see, I've heard similar ideas before and they've never come to anything.

I came home for lunch with several succulents that would have been thrown away. I rescued them and potted them up when I got back for lunch with Huffle. We had some beef mince in the fridge and I asked Huffle what he fancied for dinner (secretly hoping he would say something easy like burgers) and he said Lasagne. Possibly the most time consuming thing he could have said. So for the rest of the afternoon I stood making two lasagnes (Beef and vegetable). I also Facetimed Moo and caught up.

Late afternoon I went for a short walk with ClownRose and then drove to school to pick up Small and his Tuba. Smallest decided to go on the bus to perform his 'duties' and I took Small home and we picked up Smallest's friend on the way. While we were waiting for him, his dog bit me on the bum. He is just a puppy and he didn't get a hold as my jeans were too tight there. Good job!

Smallest and AR played together, basketball, football and on the Wii. Smallest gave him one of our Rocky bars (UK Biscuit chocolate) and he said it tasted like a coffee crisp (Canadian chocolate). How dare he. I told Smallest not to give away the UK chocolate again ha ha! What a waste!

After dinner, all the boys went to Small's football and I went to the Walk-in doctors to get a prescription. It was busy but they are not open tomorrow and Monday is always very busy!! I miss my little surgery where I could walk down any morning and get in no matter what and see my doctor because no one else liked her!

Early evening the phone rang and Huffle answered. Of course, it was a call centre call and no one answered his silly voices of Hello, HELLO, HelLO until an automated voice on the other end said GOODBYE. How rude!

Talking of phones, we had a bill the other day which was ridiculously large considering we don't really make calls on it and only seem to receive sales calls or calls that just say GOODBYE. Huffle called our provider to say we wanted to get rid of our landline as we don't feel it is worth the money. After a considerable wait, Huffle was informed that our bill could be reduced by $50 a month which just goes to show how much money they make. Call your providers people and get your bills reduced.

No comments: