Wednesday 30 November 2016

Pea Soup Foggy Fish

Since I finished my job (until Spring) on a Tuesday and now no longer Garden on a Thursday and any other day I can fit it in, I seem to be struggling with organising my days. Which is silly because I have loads to do and it's because I am mostly free that I think 'ahhh I have plenty of time to fit that in' and then end up doing nothing! Ridiculous.

Smallest had swollen puffy eyes this morning and I gave him an antihistamine and eye drops though I'm not sure what has set him off unless a rabbit is living in his room. Though he is cuddling the most enormous elephant (I think his name is Bob) at the moment in bed and who knows where he has been shuffling in the dust! Huffle still has a twitching eye and also had an antihistamine in case the rabbit we haven't got is affecting him too (though he is allergic to cats so perhaps one of the mice brought a stray cat in). MICE - today we caught one in the trap and another one just died in the middle of the floor (all in the basement). Smallest found them and was worried I wouldn't like to see them but I checked the one not in the trap. Maybe he died of hunger because there is no food to find now. We were told MICE normally live in groups of seven and so far we have caught three and found one, so hopefully only three more to go. Everything is still mainly boxed in the pantry and the steel wool is still under the door.

The boys went to school, Huffle worked in the basement with his MICE friends and I went to exercise. We did a lot of work on arms today so I won't be hanging the washing out tomorrow!! I went for a walk with ExerciseNic and her dog in the rain and then came home.

I wrapped all presents that weren't from us (ie sent from family online) and then had lunch with Huffle where we watched some of First Dates whilst making a Roast Butternut Soup for dinner later.

This afternoon I finished the soup, made a bread and started filling the advent calendar with chocolate, sweets and Christmassy notes (Huffle made some of his own to add later). I got to about day8 and then ClownRose popped by to print something and we went for a walk.

She dropped off her CV (resumé) at the local daycare and I picked up a gift certificate for our post lady for Christmas, we carried on our walk and finally came home in time for the bus having had a very good chat on the way.

The boys watched I'm a Celebrity and Smallest had his soup and bread early so he could get to Football. The rest of us ate later. Small cleaned his bathroom where I found he was using my granite polisher as a flannel the silly boy, the mirror was all smeary and the sink was disgusting. Piano was practiced before Smallest and Huffle went to Football and Small and I went to the very last basketball.

On the way home the fog was soooo bad, Small and I struggled to see the road. Small was very helpful though in guiding me when he could. No cats eyes, hardly any lines and no street lights. Rubbish!!!!

 

No comments: