Wednesday 19 September 2012

Do you get your bread at Devs?

Huffle got up at a ridiculous hour in order to play golf. He was drafted in last minute. He went to a very nice place. They met him at the car. Opened his car door. Took his clubs out of his boot (trunk) and took them to the golf buggy. He got a cap, shirt and pitch repairer just for turning up. He came second and won a nice piece of luggage. Ooh goody, let's plan a trip to use it.

The houses they are building here have turrets - what?
The boys didn't wake me again but luckily I woke up in time. Small went off to school. It was quite cool this morning. Huffle said it 5* when he went out. Brrrrrr.

Smallest and I had breakfast, he played on the computer while I got ready and then we both went out in the car to a local mall. Our mission today was to buy a fridge. Huffle looked for hours online last night and saw a few but we decided to go to Sears. A nice, big, friendly, old fashioned style of shop. The man in there was so very helpful. He certainly earned his money. He checked statistics, he calculated the cubic capacity. Anyway, I chose one and it will be delivered on Tuesday. Smallest was very well behaved although he did play on my phone and watch the TV. I kept checking on him and at one point I called him but he didn't answer. I looked over to where he was watching TV and he wasn't there. I ran over and still couldn't see him. I shouted and started panicking and he popped his head up (he was sitting on the floor) and said "hello mummy". Bless. When I had finished buying the fridge and setting up the delivery etc, I went to collect him. A man who worked there said I hope you knew where he was. Of course I did, I didn't go off and do my shopping for the last hour. DOH!

Smallest was hungry so we went in search of food. We found a Chocolate shop and bought two Chocolate lollipops for the boys. Then we went into a coffee shop and had a bagel each. (damn, day one of my no bread diet and I only get to 12:30 before I give in!). I am a lost cause!

Piggy
We came away laughing and giggling as smallest kept saying that we were in a Par Cark. It was funny to us anyway. We stopped on the way home to go to the Post Office. I took HB's parcel in and asked the lady to weigh it before I put it in the envelope. She said "$18.". That's okay I said and proceed to put everything in the envelope and address it and seal it. Then she weighed it and $68 please. WHAT? "you said $18". It turns out she was talking to someone else. Pants! She went through the different options for posting. The cheapest being Surface Mail that took two months. I supposed it wouldn't have mattered as I had already missed her birthday but I thought that was a bit too long to wait. She was really good about it and told me take out a few things. I did and got the cost of postage down to $15. That's better. I'm sure Grandma and Grandad can take back the other stuff. I also posted a couple of letters.

We came home. We were tired and weary so we sat in front of the TV. I crocheted and Smallest watched Phineus and Ferb. It's quite funny, I don't think I've watched it before. They boys watch it all the time. Smallest had a bath and I made Shepherds Pie. Something happened to potato though because it sunk. I made a veggie one for me and the potato disappeared altogether. It was like a stew but really tasty. We are having to eat up stuff now because we have no fridge. The milk and yogurts are stored in the cool box with ice packs. Typical, can't believe I went shopping and bought tons of stuff the other day.

A funny thing the Sears man said. "we only go shopping once a week here, not like the English who shop everyday". Do we? Do they base English life on Coronation Street. Just popping to the corner shop for each meal? Funny. However, it is interesting that they can fit all their food in their fridges and yet I am struggling. What am I doing wrong? Fruit, veg, salad, cheeses, yogurts, milks, juice, cordial, jams, the odd beer, can of pop, leftovers, meat.

Huffle and the boys played football. I went off for a long walk with Drew. We walked for about a hour and ten minutes which made up for our disturbed walk last night (those firemen!!). We talked non-stop and walked hard. As I came in, Smallest was waiting for a kiss and Small was just having Harry Potter read to him.

Huffle and I are going to sit and watch TV now. Got lots on the planner. Cake Boss, Honey Boo Boo, The Voice (new one started last week), X factor, breaking Amish, Storage Wars, we love this reality TV. We watched The Great British Bake Off last night. Love it, love it. Poor John and his glove full of blood!!

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Golf course looks good I'll tell unc Pear Huffle back to his winning ways! Have tonsillitis not feeling my 'sparkling best' at mo. hope fridge arrives on time, unlike washing machine. x

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh about the fridge not being big enough, but then I went to get something out of ours and it's packed.... and there's only the two of us.... so heaven knows how full it would be if we had kids too! When we first got our house it only came with a dish washer (new build) so we had to get everything else and we got the lot at Sears. Hope it arrives in time, at least the weather has cooled down.

Hugs
Brenda