Thursday 6 September 2012

Seeing Red

Almost a whole night's sleep last night, apart from a bad dream, which might have had something to do with the fact we watched part of a Harry Potter film just before bed. Silly me. It was good though. I went to the cinema to watch each film and when I saw the last one with AA and Aunty Miaow, I turned to them and said "hang on a minute, what happened to............". Then I realised I missed one out. That was the one we watched part of last night. Finally.

All the boys went off to school/work today leaving Aunty A and I to have a lovely leisurely breakfast and I read my book for ages and ages.

It was supposed to be stormy last night and rainy today, so our idea was to hide in a Mall and maybe do some shopping. However, there was no storm last night and it was hot and sunny this morning. We ummed and ahhhhed about what to do and came to the conclusion that a day without worrying about sun cream and getting eaten by bugs was in order. Off we went to a biggish mall. It took us about 40-50 mins.

I told AA about a clothes shop I thought she might like, and guess what? she did. We spent ages and ages in there and bought a fair few things. We also tried on hats.

 

But we didn't buy any. A few scarves, a dress, a couple of shirts, a couple of hoodies, a skirt, vests, a bag - between us. I mainly seemed to pick up red things which I wouldn't normally. AA mainly picked up blue things.

Lovely ensemble

Bag Lady?

We stopped for lunch and had a discussion with a man about Sesame. "What was it?" I asked. Rude man said, "just sesame". "What, Oil?" I said. "No not oil, just sesame". Helpful man! Anyway, we had lovely falafel pittas with no coffee because the only coffee available was Tim Horton's and AA and I will not drink coffee from there because it isn't real coffee, just a pretender to the coffee throne! After visiting another shop, a chocolate one this time, where we met a lovely lady, we found a Starbucks and had coffee and shared a cake.

We found one more shop that AA wanted to visit, she tried some clothes on and came out with some more. Not blue this time. I didn't buy but I will be going there again.

It was time to go and we hadn't even seen the whole mall but we did have fun. We got home with two minutes to spare before the kids got off the bus. They collected their library books and we drove to the library. I had looked on the internet earlier to see what time they were open till. The one I looked at said open till 35:00pm so I rang to check and it was 5pm. I mentioned that the website said 35 0'clock and she said she would check it out. When we got to the library, the library lady obviously recognised my accent and started talking about the website not being wrong, that she had checked and it was okay, where did I look, what did I see - Hang On Lady, slow down, stop talking and I will tell you. It turns out that the website I looked at was our Hamlet's Community Website and not the Library's own. She said it wasn't her responsibility and didn't know who's it was. I just said Oh we'll never mind then. She was still harping on about it.

Small tried to finish his book.............

 

.......while Smallest and AA coloured in. They chose their books and then went on the park. We didn't stay though because no-one had sun cream or hats on. Smallest told us he was fed up with a girl at school who kept kissing him and following him around (well who wouldn't want to?). I asked him if he told his teacher and he said his teacher just told him to sit elsewhere. He said she just follows him though! However, when I told Huffle that Smallest and a problem at school, he had forgotten all about it. Not that big of a problem then. He also said he felt sick. He has been in a very strange mood. He is either tired from school or not 100% well. We'll see.

We popped to the Beer Store and picked up some bags of salt for the Water Softener and got some beers whilst we were there of course. AA chose the beers by the colour today. A lovely shade of green. Steam Whistle - nice.

We came home, made a couple of quiches for dinner. Huffle came home and we all ate. Small did his homework. Drawing a map of Canada. Is it important to draw all the islands at the top? I told him to ask his teacher. I dont know if the islands are important to the Canadians or not? Huffle said, "would we draw all the UK islands? Isle of Wight? Channel Isles?". His homework is really just a title page for his Social studies book so I guess it doesn't matter, it's his choice.

Smallest and Huffle did a jigsaw.

 

 

3 comments:

Mrs BB said...

And the Isle of Man of course ha ha. Looks like you are having a lovely time with your friend - just what you needed. Glad the boys are settling back into school, Muffin has had a good couple of days.

Clare said...

My dearest Famfa.

First of all an apology as it has been some time since I've taken a peek at Jam2MapleSyrup as I am trying to limit my computer time before it takes over my life!! (I know you understand). But I just had to pop by today to tell you that you look Am-A-Zing in that red hat and you should defo, defo buy it for yourself!!

Big hugs, miss you lots.

Jumbleberries xx

HB said...

Aunt pear here, we had great boat trip, boat fantastico check it out it was called A Hamilton. Been in cocktail hour, on Orange Blossoms very nice indeed. Head waiter is Don Corleone, feel sur will be lying with the fishes at the bottom of the sea soon! M&M say Bonjourno, chilling tomoro so we fresh for second attack on P& H Sunday. Xx