Monday 24 September 2012

Feed the Beaver

Huffle and I watched a film last night called 'The Last King of Scotland'. It was horrible with horrific images. It was about Idi Amin - what a horrible man. We had to watch a bit of The Royle Family before sleeping. Smallest woke us all in the night after having bad nightmares. Again it was about Spongebob, apparently he sees 'plankton eyes'. I got into bed with him and talked to him about nice things until he was nice and calm. Then I went back to my own bed. It wasn't long before little footsteps and a torch wandered into our room and crawled into bed with us. He wriggled and jiggled and eventually went back to his own bed.

I am so tired today. I don't know if it's because I'm fighting a cold or because I had a disturbed nights sleep.

Huffle went to work. Small went off to school. Smallest and I had breakfast and skyped Moo. I asked for her help with my sock knitting because it now has a row missing or a stitch missing or something. She suggested I undo a row and see if it looked better. It didn't. I ended up pulling the whole lot off and starting again. Maybe I should have started with something a little more simple.

We then skyped LizzieDotDot. Goodness me, seeing her sitting there with her brood around her, I don't know how she does it. I struggle with two and she's got four boys! I know she would have more too! Crazy. I have set her off doing her crochet again.

Smallest had a bath. As I didn't feel so good today, and Smallest had no desire to go anywhere, we stayed in, played, read, jigsawed and watched TV.

We set up a castle in the loft and had a battle between soldiers and star wars characters. Then I left him to set up the Dinosaur Track while I planted a few plants in the garden. I had to go back and help him out a bit and then I went off and planted again.

Yoda and Obe Wan against General Grevious and lots of soldiers.
 

We played football, scooted and waited for Small to come home. Smallest hid behind the gate and shouted boo at him. We scared him. We all played football for a while and then Small got on with his homework. Smallest and I went off and played up in the loft again. Then Small joined us.

They played together nicely while I got their dinner ready. Huffle came home. I went out and walked with Mrs Royal and Drew. It is Mr Royals birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Wish we had of known, we'd have baked you a cake.

While I was walking, Huffle took the boys to sign on for Cubs and Beavers. (when they put a Beaver in the middle of the floor and said it was time to Feed the Beaver - Huffle had a childish giggle to himself). Small loved it and definitely wants to join. Smallest had a teary moment when he didn't understand some instructions and ended up hiding under the table, refusing to come out. He says he wants to go back, we'll see.

Huffle and I talked about the boys joining Cubs/Beavers. One the most memorable badges Huffle ever got from Cubs was a HandyMan badge. What? Handyman? I remember with fondness (and a chuckle) his carpentry skills when making a bedside table out of an old wardrobe. It ended up being a barbeque stand, a disposable BBQ, and we burnt it. Bless him. As I am writing this, he is deeply hurt!

Small read to Smallest and then to himself. Huffle and I are not feeling well. Both achey, tired, sore throats. We are sitting in front of the TV with a hot cup of tea, wrapped in blankets. Early to bed for us tonight and no more Idi Amin!!!

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard that film was pretty graphic and disturbing so I'm glad I haven't seen it. I finished my second pair of socks (screwed up the heel a bit and made a mess of the toe decreases on the second sock!), and started on a pair for Andrew as he has asked for some...... I pulled it out four times last night, fifth times a charm!!! It really made me laugh on WOYWW last week when all those people who commented ahead of me on your post ALL said "Brenda can help"!! Yeah right!! Persevere with the socks, you'll get it!

Hugs
Brenda