Friday 21 September 2012

Inside Out Baseball

In the middle of the night it poured down with rain. It thundered, and apparently it was lightning (but I was too asleep to see that).

Huffle went to work. Small went to school. Smallest and I went to my knitting group. Well actually we just popped in to check if I was knitting my sock inside out (I was - not sure how that happened but anyway she put me on the right track). We went off for a coffee. Smallest played on my phone while I knitted some more sock. While knitting, I realised the pattern was wrong and we went back into the knitting shop again. She said it was wrong but hey, it was my first sock and who cared if it was a little different. So I took it home and will carry on later. (Thank you Brenda for your your advice and Internet links on this - to be completely honest, I haven't even checked them out, but I will).

On the way home I was driving behind a huge lorry (truck) and a stone flew up and hit the windscreen. It didn't break but it has left a big crack about the size of my little finger.

 

We Skyped Moo from home. Smallest drew her a picture and made himself look adorable!! Then we chatted while I made lunch and cleared out the old fridge.

Moo asked him "hello, who are you?". His reply was "old man" in a funny voice!
 

Smallest and I got the K-nex out and built a dinosaur and then played with some marbles until it got out of hand with marbles flying everywhere. Then we played Wriggly Worms.

 

Yesterday at school, Smallest got a box of pencils thrown at him. He has a small cut above his eye, one on his arm and one on his tummy. The school never sent a note home or said anything to me. I asked him how they dealt with it. He said he got sent to the Head and he gave him a freezer pack to put on his eye and told him to bring it back when he was finished. The girl who did it, didn't get recess and then had to open the door for everyone when the came in. She didn't have to say sorry or even speak to Smallest. Is that right? Shouldn't the school have sent a note back to say what treatment had been done and that he was checked? Am I overreacting?

Smallest went on his bike while we waited for Small to come home. We popped into Mrs Royals and the kids played with Prince and Mr Royal. They played baseball and Mr R was coaching them. I helped Mrs R put in a few plants and then we all sat down for a cup of tea and a little something to eat.

Baseball practice
 
Roll the golfball along the gap in the table and stop it rolling off - good game - they played it for ages
 

I ended up leaving them there while I went home and got their dinner. Huffle came home, I got the kids back and then Mrs R, Drew and I went for a walk. We did one of our normal walks and then walked along the railway and came out at the new huge houses, so we had another peek in. We still don't like them.

Huffle and the kids had been playing football while we were out. We had a lovely homemade vegetable soup, kids watched Phineus and Ferb and then went to bed. Small is still having Harry Potter read to him. He is reading the Narnia book II at school now and has another book he reads to himself in the morning and at night. Just like I used to, read three books at the same time. Gets a bit confusing though sometimes. Makes for interesting dreams.

Small now has a friend in his class, which makes me feel better. He came home with his phone number today and said he was going to ring him and see if they could play - unfortunately Small didn't tell me this until near 7pm, at which point it was a bit late to do anything about it.

 

No comments: