Friday 7 September 2012

Sweet Baby Cheesus

Another sleepless night. Arrrrgggghhhhh. Smallest had a big accident at 1am and I changed his bed but when I got back to bed I was wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep till at least 3pm. I hate that!

Huffle went off to work, with a sore throat. I dropped Small off at school on my way to the Walk In clinic (just for a repeat prescription) Smallest and Aunty A stayed home and played Yahtzee, Build a Beetle and some computer games. I wasn't gone too long and came home and played Build a Beetle with them. Then we went out to Port Perry.

Lake Scugog
We went into a few shops. We learnt what Res-up was for the water softener. We looked at antique furniture while Smallest stood outside tapping on the door to hurry us up. We had a lovely lunch at an Italian. Some of us had a beer (I was driving, so it probably wasn't me!). We had a play on the park.

 

 

"make it stop, I don't like it, I'm going to be sick!"

It started to rain so we came away from the park and went into another shop where we purchased something for AA's new flat and something for Aunty Miaow's Wedding. We timed Smallest while he scooted at high speed, then we got in the car and drove to a supermarket to buy eggs.

When we got home there was a message on the answer phone from the new Headmaster. He was talking to all the parents of the Kindergartens to see if any of them were willing to have their child move to different days. I told him I worked a the moment on Tuesdays but could be flexible if I needed to be. He seemed very nice.

We popped round to Mrs Royal's to take Mr Royal some Ribena. It was a thank you for the CNE the other day, as he was so good with Smallest and paid for us to get in. He wasn't there so we chatted to Mrs Royal, had a cup of tea, Small tested the Ribena for Mr R and then when Small's bus passed the window we ran out, chatted to Drew and watched the boys on their scooters. We started to get bitten, so we came in.

I made blueberry scones and cheese scones. I put sugar in them so the cheese ones tasted a bit sweet. Sweet Cheesus ones. When they were cooked and cooled and sitting on the plate, AA decided the smallest one on the plate was called Sweet Baby Cheesus. She's so funny!

Blueberry Scones

Sweet Cheesus Scones - there's the little baby Cheesus at the end on the right

We all had dinner which was a mishmash of things that were leftovers. It was nice. We finished with scones. Ummmmmmmmmmm.

We found a face on one of the slices of pizza

Everyone played Carcasonne. Smallest won. He's only five. The game is for 8+ and he put us to shame.

Then Small watched TV and Smallest and Huffle played Build a Beetle again. Aunty A read all about the Paralympics and informed us that we had won 114 medals. Well done Britain.

The boys went to bed and we played Monopoly Deal.

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Great to hear you playing some of our favourite games!

famfa said...

We love your games x