Tuesday 4 September 2012

"should we be sitting here under this tree?............"

We had storms in the night. Huffle woke me to tell me (isn't he kind?). Aunty A didn't sleep well as it was so hot.

This morning it was thundering and lightning and then the rain came down. Boy did it rain! We had two small powercuts very close together. The boys got ready for school and we sat outside on the porch waiting for the school bus to come. We couldn't remember what time it came so we were there in plenty of time. Aunty A was going to run to school and I was going to cycle but there was no chance today.

Small looked at me and said "Should we be sitting here under this tree while it is lightning?". Yes well, that's a good point, maybe we will move! We sat there for ages but the bus didn't come (until after we had left in the car). I dropped the boys off at the Peck and Squeal (quick peck on the cheek and a squeal of tyres) and drove round to the back entrance. I trudged across the playing field. Luckily I had worn my crocs, it was like walking through a marsh. I met Smallest's teacher, he refused to talk to her at first and just stuck his tongue out at her. I left them to it and swam back to the car.

I drove home and had a lovely breakfast with AA. We even managed a couple of games of Monopoly Deal. Then we ventured out to our local town. First stop was the post office. I needed to post the receipt back to the umbrella company so they can give me a refund. I had put on an international stamp (though it was going to Canada - DOH!).

Next we went to the Thrifty Store. We didn't buy anything, though AA found a nice dinner service - not a practical thing to transport back to the UK. We went to the Consignment Store with the intention of getting a nice chair or a blanket box (we had seen the box on the Internet). I bought a plate and an Alfred Meakin Gravy Jug (lovely). I saw some lovely furniture and if they are still there in December, they will be a real bargain. We then drove out to Bulk Barn and picked up a couple of things. We popped into Dollarama and got Smallest a trophy. Yesterday when he won his Gold Medal, we had to borrow it from Small, so when Small wanted his medal back, Smallest got very upset. We tried very had to find a medal for him but a trophy was the best we could find. He was very happy with it though. We got very very very wet running back to the car.

We saw these awful dolls in Walmart. Aren't they horrendous? One Direction Dolls. YUK!

By now it was lunch time. We drove to a cafe in the pouring rain. We sat in the car waiting for the rain to subside just a little but it didn't, so we ran again. We got even more wet. We had a lovely lunch and a coffee and then ran for the car again.

Next was food shopping. We were frozen. The supermarket was air conditioned and with our wet clothes and feet, we got very cold. We packed the stuff in the car, got wet again and came home. We got changed, put the shopping away, thinking we had a spare hour before the boys came home, when we heard a shout "hello, Mummy, we are home!". They were about 45 minutes early. Apparently they always come home early on the first day of school - nice that they let me know. We shouldn't have been home, it was only because we were so wet and cold that we came home early!

The boys told us about their day, their new teachers, their new classmates. They wrote in their journals and then played on the IPad. AA and I decided to do the jigsaw that I had been doing for ages. I thought I would move it from the lounge to the sun room where there was more natural light. As I passed through the door of the kitchen I dropped the whole bloomin' lot. AA started it again but I have lost all interest in it today now. So I started dinner instead. Meatballs, Beetballs and Pasta. While opening the pasta packet I dropped the pasta all over the floor. Oh dear, BUTTERFINGERS.

Huffle came home and we all had dinner. He bought me a lovely Pot Chrysanthemum for our Anniversary tomorrow. Whoops, I didn't get him anything. I was planning on buying us a nice piece of furniture for us both today. I will pick him up something nice tomorrow (shhh don't tell him).

We all played a game of Ticket to Ride and then the boys went to bed.

 

No comments: