Tuesday 25 September 2012

Whoops

Huffle and I went to bed early last night, a big blanket, paracetamol and a long undisturbed sleep. Ahhhhhh.

He went off to work feeling not 100% but not too bad. The boys went off to school without any incidents. I decided to stay at home and wait for the fridge.

After breakfast I got the ironing board out, watched Canada's Over the Rainbow and ironed a pile of things. Aunt Pear skyped me and we chatted about HB, Grandma and Grandads impending visit, birthdays and poorly throats. We were interrupted by Sears ringing to say they were on their way.

I changed the lounge around we I was waiting (just because I thought it would be nice to sit in front of the fire - I call it my Autumn/Winter change). However, today was a scorching 21* (well not scorching but nice).

The fridge turned up. One of the delivery men asked if I was English. Then he said "ahhh Liverpool is in England". "Yes it is, it is North" I said "and do you know that because of football?" I asked. It was, he had watched the Liverpool game last night. He laughed at our flying pigs in the sun room and said to me "you should tell your husband you need a new oven as well". Can I get that in writing please?

When they left, I sorted out all the stuff that should be in the fridge, washed it, chucked stuff away that wasn't any good. It took me half and hour to take all the tape off the fridge to stop the drawers etc falling our whilst in transit.

I had a quick bite to eat and then went shopping (just a small shop for fridge things!), only it turned into a biggish shop for all sorts. Whoops. I came home, put it all away, made the fridge look nice and then sat on the porch with a cup of tea and a jam scone. It was really warm. I looked at the grass and realised I should be cutting it. Perfect weather, drying grass that's far too long. So I opened the big gates (which broke a few weeks ago and now have parcel tape on them to keep them from falling down - hurry up Grandad and tell us how to fix them!). I cut the front lawn and then moved onto the back. As I was mowing around the Jungle Gym, I went a bit fast and couldn't stop in time. I hit the Cedar Trees and wedged the mower in there. It could have been serious. My foot slipped off the brake/clutch and my shoe fell off (nearly chopped it in half).

Whoops

My instint was to turn it off quickly before any limbs got chopped or trees fell down. But then I couldn't get it started again. So I walked away and left it as it was. I hoped if I left it for a while, it would magically start again and Huffle might not find out. I did try to push it but it's a beast of a thing. I came inside and skyped Grandma. By the time I finished talking to her I went out again and the mower worked (thank goodness), no damaged trees and only a slight hole from the tractor digging into the soil.

I got on with the rest of the mowing without any more problems. Raked the worst of the grass up into piles and then the boys came home. Small started his Maths homework and moaned a lot. Smallest helped me make meatballs.

The boys had their dinner. I rang Mrs Royal and told her I wasn't walking to it as I felt a bit ropey. Huffle came home and we had dinner. When he came home he noticed I had cut the grass. His first words were "any problems with the mower?". How did he know? Who had told him? Was it Grandma? He was just asking, he didn't know anything but of course, then I had to tell him what I had done. Huffle then went out and cleared up the piles of grass.

The three boys played football and I joined them briefly till I realised there were Mosquitoes about.

 

The boys came in and watched TV. Huffle and I tidied up and cleaned the kitchen.

Smallest learnt that an insect has six legs. His class has now been split up into two classes. He only has one friend in his class now as the others moved into the Monday/Wednesday one. Oh dear, I'm sure he will make new friends.

Small has decided he wants to take a friend to the Markham Fair this weekend for his birthday. We are not sure yet whether he is coming as he has a hockey game. We also promised the boys that we would go to the cinema this weekend to see Hotel Transylvania.

Just been up to kiss the boys and Small said that Smallest came into his room doing 'the conker'. He he he.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love photo of 2 generation 'Huffles' , next week they can add one more to lineup. Be careful on mower, Mrs Schumacher, Huffle wouldn't want to buy extra pair of shoes! Hv lovely image of Smallest conkering into Small's room. Don't forget to gargle yr poorly throats away. Take care xx