Saturday 8 September 2012

Pig Pop Lose Pirate Pop Win

Last night a couple of things happened which were funny. Aunty A said "it feels like I've only just arrived but when I arrived here last week it felt like I'd been here a week!". Bless her. I know what she means. She just fits in really easily like she is always here.

When giving Huffle a plum for the very first time he said "ooooh it's tickled me lip!". We asked him what he meant, but he said he didn't know it just gave him a funny sensation. Then he pulled a face and said it was "a bit taut". It was a Blue Ontario plum too.

There was a storm last night just as we all went to bed. So we ended up watching the end of Harry Potter Deathly Hallow 1 and started No2 although I fell asleep. I got an almost full nights sleep but Huffle got interrupted by the thunder and Small trying to close his windows because of the rain and lightning.

We all had a fruit and waffle breakfast this morning which was yum.

My assistant photographer took this, bit blurry. She said it was because it was a funny angle!

Then the fun began......... As it was raining heavily, we decided to host the Indoor Board Games Olympics 2012.

First we started with Ticket to Ride. AA won this one. Smallest was excellent as card turner and train placer and earned himself an extra point. Small and Smallest played Downfall, Small won the first game then went off in a huff because he thought we were picking on him. We weren't, it's just we gave the boys different challenges based on their ages. Still it made a big delay in the games while bedrooms were stomped off to and dinner was made. AA packed her suitcase.

During the first game, Grandma Skyped us. She could only see Huffle and she said "have you got rid of your visitor then?". "No" shouted AA, "I'm still here"! Whoops. Grandma, Grandad, Uncle Grump and cousin E & D were watching the planes fly over for the Leicestershire War.

Scrabble was played by AA, Huffle and I. Huffle won but his starting word was ...........

Sorry

Which earned him 34 points, he was very pleased. We waited for Small to ask what it meant, luckily he didn't.

Whilst we were playing scrabble, the boys played downfall but due to the different challenges based on age, Small stomped off because we were 'picking on him'. We stopped and made dinner. AA packed her suitcase and wrote in the Visitor Book. Smallest and I played the fishing game - he won.

We had dinner, cleared away - it was still raining - then the games started again. We played Yahtzee. Everyone but Huffle got a yahtzee. He wasn't pleased.

Small's yahtzee

 

AA's yahtzee

Mine

 

Smallest's Yahtzee

Small and Smallest played table football while AA and Huffle played Downfall. AA won and this put her in the lead. Then AA and I played and she beat me easily. That was my Joker game too!

We all played Pop up Pirate. Smallest Won. Then we played Pig goes pop and Smallest won again, this time using his Joker and claimed a huge ten points. Smallest was at this point winning.

The look of disgust on her face was because she didn't know what the would do when he popped.

The last but one game was Carcasonne. Huffle won that one. We played a game of Monopoly Deal, my second Joker, and I won. YAY! I had to take AA back to the airport so we left the games. I was winning at this particular point but the boys were carrying on playing to see who got second and third and to finally total the points.

We had a nice journey to the airport with no incidents. The sky looked peculiar at times, then it rained,then it stopped, very strange. I dropped AA off with plenty of time. We stopped at the drop-off point and we chatted, hugged and she went. Her trip went really quickly but we had a great time.

My journey home was also uneventful, apart from me honking my horn at a gentleman who swerved from one lane to another with no indication and straight into my path. Tut tut! I turned the headlights on as it was really dark (only 6:30 ish) and all the lights on the inside went off. I had no idea what speed I was doing (honestly officer!) or what the temperature was. Huffle sorted it when I got home (it was the brightness switch DOH!).

When I got home, the boys were watching Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs. Huffle had mended the Jungle Gym and planed our bedroom door. Clever Huffle.

I had fun at the indoor Olympics today and I won in the end. Smallest was second and disappointed he didn't win another trophy. I await my medal with eagerness (cough cough).

 

 

 

2 comments:

AA said...

Actually my disgust was at the fact I had to pump the pig!!!

xxxx

Sarah Tomson said...

Hello, looks like you've been having lots of fun. We went to Rutland water today and a little boy went by on his bike Connie though it was smallest she said look look look there's smallest over there (he was the spitting image) so we look forward to hearing of your flying visit to Rutland soon! x