Sunday 30 September 2012

I've got a golden ticket

Still a poorly household. I don't know if I didn't sleep well or whether I dreamt I didn't sleep well. I know I had a dream that I looked out of the window and it was snowing. That seemed real. Small is still croaking but seems to have more energy. Smallest isn't right but he doesn't seem to have a bad throat. Maybe a bit snuffly. Huffle still not right either. We are all very tired.

We had croissants for breakfast (a birthday tradition in this house - not that it is Small's birthday till Monday but we knew we wouldn't be all together for Monday morning breakfast). We were skyped by Grandma and Grandad who are nearly ready to come to us.

After breakfast, the boys played on the computer and Huffle and I went into the loft. We made the bed, hoovered and generally tidied up (mainly my craft stuff). The boys put away their toys up there and then we all got ready and went out for dinner. We ended up in a pub. It was fairly decent. We had five minutes before the film was on we wanted to watch at the cinema, luckily it was just across the road from where we ate.

The cinema was packed and we had to sit on the front row (Moo wouldn't have liked that). The seats go back so I was practically lying down so it didn't hurt my neck.

The boys watching a clip for Despicable Me 2. Brilliant, I better get knitting Minions again.

We watched Hotel Transylvania. Ceelo Green was one of the voices. We like him.

It was a good film and I felt quite warm in there, which is unusual as the air conditioning normally makes me feel cold. When we came out they were giving away some cards and I got one for Smallest.

We told him it was a Golden Ticket like the one Charlie Bucket got in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

As we came out, standing at the crossroads were lots of people holding boards saying things like 'abortion kills children'. 'Life is the first right'. Lovely, just what you want a bunch of children to see as they come out of a film. well that meant we had to explain to Small what abortion was. Also I gave him my opinion on abortion (which Huffle shares with me). It's not a conversation I expected to have with my almost nine year old but I don't think it hurt. I can't believe in 2012 there are still people who think they have a right to tell others what they can and can't do. Freedom of choice - that is all I will say!

We popped into a shop for some cake to take home and came home and ate it.

The boys played basketball....

Huffle edit for below picture, my leg looks about ten feet, weird?
I played a bit too. We came in, the boys watched TV while Huffle and I sneaked a game of Carcassonne and Yahtzee in. Then we played Monopoly Deal while Huffle watched a bit of Golf. The boys had their tea in front of the TV while we printed out photos from our Barcelona trip for a frame we bought ages ago.

I feel decidedly worse. Small has gone to bed with tummy ache. I gave him some medicine and dropped some on his quilt, I scooped it up and gave it to him but he said it was all fluffy! Ahhh a bit of fluff never hurt anyone, did it? Smallest fell out of bed, awake, even though he said his head was right in the middle of the pillow - it just rolled out!

Huffle and I had lovely warming soup for tea. his was a can of mushroom but I had a homemade (frozen) one of italian mixed beans. I was microwaving it, whilst telling Huffle I had thoroughly cleaned the microwave and look how shiny it was, when I spilt the whole thing over, all over the bottom of the microwave. what a mess. I just scooped it up and put it in my bowl, at least I know the microwave was properly clean. I couldn't have done that a few days ago before I cleaned it!

Huffe has just finished watching the Ryder Cup and is very pleased that Europe have won. yay.

 

 

No comments: