Saturday 1 September 2012

Two go to the Distillary

When I tried to get up this morning, my back hurt and my knees creaked and of course my foot hurt. I turned to Huffle and said "is this what it feels like to be old?". Of course, he doesn't know, he's just a babe! (he says he is a finely tuned athlete - ha ha ha).

After a croissant and chocolate twist breakfast, Huffle and the boys drove AA and me to our local town and we got on the bus for a trip to Dowtown Toronto. It was hot.

Huffle and the kids went and played crazy golf and had a good time.

AA and I went to St Lawrence Market and had a good long walk around. We bought a few things but thought we could come back and get food on the way home. As it was, by the time we got back there, the place was about closing. Never mind.

We walked around the craft market too. It was lovely. I found a gorgeous chair in a Vintage shop that there was no way I could get on the bus. AA found and bought a beautiful vintage bag, perfect for Aunty Miaow's wedding.

We tried on lots of jewellery and then walked to the Distillary District.

Jay walker

By the time we got there we were hungry, so we stopped at a lovely bakery and had a huge sandwich. A man sat at the table next to us with four bananas, tied together with string. When he had finished he put the bananas in a bag and walked off. Strange. It was still very hot and there was no shade so we didn't linger too long. There were arts and crafts stalls everywhere.

Lovely buildings, cobbled streets, made AA feel like she was back in London.

How blue is that sky?

We saw a couple of wedding parties.

AA did a bit of flirting with a curly haired young man. An older man did a bit of flirting with AA.

There was an exhibition on featuring aerial shots of various amazing places. Massive photographs.

This was of Hotan region of China.

AA taking photos of the photos

I thought is looked like a cabbage cloud. It is clouds above the republic of Angorra

 

Lots of lovely photos now. May be boring but I like them.

 

"I know you're trying to take my photo but I am trying to ignore you in case you might go away!"

We decided we needed to stop and have refreshments. AA said "beer or ice cream". I could have had both but I chose Beer. We saw a place that advertised Moretti Beer (ummm we like) but there was no shade outside and inside it wasn't very nice. So we walked and walked and AA bumped into some Morris Ladies. They shook their hankerchieves at her and we ran away laughing.

I wish I had got the photograph but I was laughing too much.

 

 

We found a place. An interesting one! There was a counter to get your sandwich, a different counter for drinks and a different counter for ice cream (thank goodness we were just having beer!). A lady asked for an ice cream, it was served to her and then she was told to queue up again to pay for it. By the time she got to the front she had eaten her ice cream. AA told her to run for it, it was worth the jail time.

After we had seen all we wanted to see and bought all we wanted to buy (and tried a blueberry covered in milk chocolate - yum, how did we resist buying a whole bag?), we walked back towards the market.

This was a competition 'whose bottom is bigger?'

"tell me you didn't just take a photo of my bottom!"
W walked back towards the market slowly. The sights weren't brilliant except for the sights ahead.
 

 

 

We got back to the bus terminal and it wasn't long before our bus was there. It was a very packed one. The boys and Huffle came to meet us off the bus and take us home. They told us all about their busy day.

We played a game of Monopoly Deal and the boys went to bed late!

We had our tea, blogged, chatted and played a few more games of Disney Monopoly.

 

No comments: