Tuesday 18 September 2012

Would you mind removing your Boots?

Huffle woke in the night to a loud plop, plop, plop. The water that is held in our gutter (which is not quite angled correctly so as to get rid of its water) was dripping onto a watering can that I had carelessly left out. Poor Huffle, he has such sensitive ears, it woke him up, and he had to go downstairs and outside and move the watering can.

When we woke up, the rain was heavy. The forecast said rain all day. The boys weren't sure what to wear. As the school is quite warm, they ended up in long shorts, tee-shirts and hoodies with their waterproof coats.

I went off to work, quite prepared for a wet dirty day. I was greeted by Jeff saying "oh Hello, it's raining, think its a no go day today". I asked if I had to go home or could he find me something to do in the greenhouse. He said I could stay for a while if I wanted. I helped Pat. We made the greenhouse look 'pretty' by moving plants here and there and then we started on succulent cuttings. I really enjoyed it, it was very relaxing and therapeutic.

We did trays and trays and trays of all different succulents. Then we started on Plenctranthus. I managed to bring home three big pots of cuttings I made. I just have to try and get them through the winter here now. One of the lovely ladies that works there wrote out a sock pattern for me to try. Bless her. She holds her patterns in her head. Very clever. Her socks are amazing.

I noticed there was a 50% sale on so When I finished, I had a look around. I got some Ice Pansies for Mrs Royal as she needed some. I bought a Persicaria and a Schizachyrium scoparium (Blue grass that turns orange in the Autumn.

I delivered Mrs R's pansies, had a chat with her and then came home, had lunch, watched a bit of Tv, showered and then got on with some cleaning.

The boys came home. Small had Maths (Math) and Literacy (Language) homework. So he started on that as soon as he got in. Smallest and I tidied his room, put his clothes away and then I helped him dress up as Woody.

The outfit was Cousin Pest's when he was little and when I told Smallest, he thought it was very funny because Cousin Pest is 21. Smallest brought home a letter which said "we are celebrating 'M,m' on Thursday, please bring in something with 'm' in the middle or at the end". When I first read it, I thought "what is an Mm (Mmmmmmm)". Then I realised it was just the letter M. Silly.

Drew and I went out and walked around the Hamlet. We stopped off at the Fire Station and asked them for advice. Our fridge smelt like burning but only on the inside, not on the outside. I thought they would just say 'unplug it' but they actually took our address, got in their truck and drove home. Drew and I walked as fast as we could back home. The fire engine passed us, we were hoping to get a lift.

As we got nearer we could see it parked outside, lights flashing, how embarrassing. they were in and out before we were in the house. They weren't happy with smell and unplugged it.

Small greeted me at the door and said "sorry Mummy, they walked through the house without taking their shoes off". I had just mopped all the floors today as well. Arrrgggghhhh. Oh well, at least we are safe!

Huffle moved all the freezer stuff into the freezer downstairs and then we checked online to see how old the fridge was. We think it is eight years old. I was only saying to Huffle last night that I thought we needed a bigger fridge now we have to store our fruit and veggies in it as well as everything else we keep in there. I didn't wish it dead, honest - that's what I said to Huffle later. He is now trawling the web looking for a new one. We can't buy online as we don't have enough credit on our Credit card. Oh no, I remember the hassle of the washing machine.

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Mrs BB said...

Loving the wellies!!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant wellies! I need a pair like that! I bet you won't be going back to Home Depot for the fridge will you!!

Hugs
Brenda