Monday 17 September 2012

Falling Scab and scraped knee

The boys forgot to wake me again this morning and I woke up startled at 7:45. I was all bleary eyed. Luckily Small didn't want anything complicated for breakfast so I just got on with getting his lunch sorted.

Small being me!
 

Smallest and I had breakfast and skyped Grandma. Cousin E was there too as she is off school with a poorly throat. We also Skyped Grinmoo. She told us she has been playing snooker. Smallest was pulling lots of faces at her. I'm not sure he spoke much. She tried to help me with my sock knitting.

Smallest and I went to get some things from our local town .............

Smallest makes friends
 

.........and then we got his bike out and he did some terrific biking. He can now start by himself but nearly ended up in the little stream because he forgot how to stop and panicked. I have to say I panicked too. Didn't fancy the idea of fishing him out. In between cycling, he went on the park.

Wheeeeeee

Climbing
 

Nice empty car park
He rode round and round the park. Then we moved into the car park and as it was considerably empty, he cycled all the way round, practicing his turns and his stops and starts. He was doing very very well until he wobbled and fell. The scab that was on his elbow fell off and he was fine until he noticed it was pouring with blood.

This is what they would call an ouchy over here
 

We stopped at this point and went home for some lunch. After lunch we realised we were short of food so we went back out and got some shopping. After putting all the shopping away, we went out and played basketball.

Shoot
 

He couldn't shoot because every time he lifted the ball, he started laughing.

Then he got back on his bike and cycled up and down the street. He hit a tree because he said it made him wobble. He didn't want to hit it, so he wobbled and that made him hit it. I'm sure there is some logic in there somewhere. Drew came to visit and brought us some lovely Sedum. I planted it straight away. We still have another pot full of it. Huffle can plant that somewhere.

We planted some plants and started to water. Small came home and helped us. The boys then played together on the Jungle Gym and with the basketball.

I made dinner and tried to Skype Aunt and Unc Pear. I could see them and hear them but they couldn't hear me. We tried for a while but gave up in the end. They spoke and I wrote notes. She has sorted it now.

The boys and I had dinner (Huffle ate at lunchtime again for someone's birthday - they took him to Frankie Tomatoes and made him wear the silly hat and tomato thumb). The three boys played football.

I went off to the Garden Club. I walked there with Drew. Her and Mrs Royal were hosting the evening - they made food and drink. Today's talk was about Trees. Drew loves trees. I love trees. The man definitely loved trees. He was very passionate about trees. His talk went on for far too long and I was yawning all the way through, not because I was bored because I wasn't, I learnt a lot. Also the air conditioning was on and I was really cold.

Mrs Royal had made Black Bottom Cakes which are amazing. Drew had made Peanut Butter Cookies which were lovely considering I don't like Peanut Butter and Carrot cake was made by Garfunkel. It was all lovely. Drew and I walked home with cakes in our pockets. Mrs R took the cookies home and I told her I would send the boys round first thing tomorrow to collect some for their packed lunch.

Huffle was worried about me because he thought he saw a Coyote at the front of our house. We didn't see anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My goodness how the boys hv grown in just under a year. Had bad night's sleep, can't sallow feel grotty, thanks cousins D&E! But at least found volume control on iPad thanks to an SOS call to HB.