Saturday 15 September 2012

I can't hear out of this cauliflower!

Yesterday when I was planting out the tubs on the porch, something bit my ear. It swelled up until it no longer looked like an ear. It went really red and hot. I took anti-histamine and put Benydryl on it. This morning, it still didn't resemble an ear (well not mine anyway). More anti-histamine. I asked the pharmacist if it was okay and she said just do what I am doing. She didn't look alarmed that it looked like a cauliflower.

Saturday. Busy day tomorrow so we decided to have a 'Nothing' day. The boys wrote a list of things they wanted to do, mainly board games. We skyped Grandma first thing and spoke to Cousin D & E and even Uncle Grump.

It was much cooler today and rained for the most part of the morning. After breakfast the boys played on the Wii while I went out to the local Drug Stire and bought anti-histamines for me and Huffle and some for the boys. I also picked up a few other things. I went to the Post Office to send a parcel but it was closed. So I popped into the Italian Deli and got us something nice for lunch and then had a quick look in the thrifty shop. Nothing there today.

When I got home, Huffle was half playing and half watching the football. His beloved Stoke were playing (they drew). I took over from him on the Wii and then we all stopped for lunch.

We went outside and did a bit of tidying up in the garden. The boys helped carry things backwards and forwards.

.

This cheeky little squirrel had stolen some Sweetcorn and carried it up a tree, while it was eating it, it dropped the corn. It scampered down, picked it up and ran off with it.

We tried to play football but when the boys started arguing I left them to it and went inside to read my book. The others carried on playing till Small got injured and came in too. We played Monopoly Deal until we were joined by the other two and then we played Yahtzee Deal. This one is fairly new so we are still trying to understand it. I can't remember who won but I think I lost twice.

We tried to find something for dinner but Huffle went out and got take-away instead. Then we sat and ate it in front of Harry Potter. We didn't watch it all as it was getting close to bedtime. The kids watched TV for a bit, then they watched Huffle and I play a game on the IPad (we tried to do it secretly but they found us and then they wouldn't leave us alone and ended up telling us how to play it!). I read to them both. Smallest wanted Star Wars read to him and Small wanted Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I left Small reading his magicians Nephew book, Smallest went to sleep very quickly.

Huffle and I watched So you think you can dance and then X Factor. He caught up with the football news and I crocheted.

Just as we were going to bed, Huffle said "have you blogged". Oh no, I forgot. I had to take the IPad to bed and blog there. Silly Billy.

 

 

No comments: