Thursday 13 September 2012

"I've had no road kill in my belly"

A good nights sleep from everyone. Small is supposed to get me out of bed if I am not up before 7:30. This morning he forgot. I suddenly woke up at 7:40 (not too bad) and came down. Small looked at me and then the clock and said "whoops I forgot". They both went off to school without any incidents.

I had my breakfast, read my book, cleared and tidied the kitchen and then got ready to go out. I even managed to repraint my toenails. ClownRose and BabyMo picked me up and off we went to a local town where we had a lovely lunch sitting outside. The traffic was noisy but the food was brilliant. It was a bakery so there was a huge array of pies, cakes and pastries. I bought lunch so ClownRose bought us all a cake for tea. Ummmmmm.

Mediterranean Salad. Lots of roast veggies and feta cheese with a pesto dressing and a warm Pitta.

BabyMo

After we had eaten more than we could manage we drove to the local Herb Garden Centre. I wanted to buy some gloves (I borrowed some gardening gloves from a lady at the garden centre where I work a couple of days ago and they were amazing, so light). They didn't have my size but they are going to order them and they should be in by next week. I bought a plant marker for our Rosemary pot.

We came home. BabyMo went off for a nap and I went and had a cup of tea and a chat with Mrs Royal.

As Smallest and I don't get to go the library on Thursdays anymore (he is at school that day), I told the boys not to get on the bus so I could meet them out of school and take them to the library. I had some books to take back for Mrs Royal too. I parked at the library and walked to school. I walked the long way round, it was hot and it hurt my foot and calves because I was wearing my flat sandals. I stood outside Smallest's classroom. One man I recognised nodded hello in my direction but no-one else spoke to me. Everyone seemed to know everyone else. I guess that's what happens when you put your kids on the school bus, you don't meet anyone at the gates.

I picked the boys up and we walked to the library. They were thirsty by the time we got there, Smallest's drink had leaked into his bag and Small had none left. The library lady gave them a bottle of water. That was kind. Smallest coloured in a picture for HB and chose his books. I found a book for Small (The lion the witch and the wardrobe) and then we realised there was a book before this one called 'The Magician's Nephew'. He started reading it at the library and I had to drag him away to go home and pick Huffle up so we could all go to 'Meet the Teacher'

The kids had slices of Pizza and we all stood around in the Gym. I guess it was supposed to be a social gathering for the parents but as we didn't know anyone, it wasnt that social for us. Smalls teacher from last term spoke to us and asked if she could have Small back. We spoke to Pol for a while and her friend briefly. I did getto talk to a mum about Cubs for the boys. I even said I would volunteer to help out as they were struggling. I have to get a police check, an interview by the cubs people and 3 references. Oh boy!

We went into Smallest's class first. We had a talk from the Principal who explained about the class size and he said they would know details by Wednesday and a letter would be sent home. That's when we will know what days he will go and which teacher he will have. He gave us a tour if his classroom and showed us his work. It looked good and he seemed settled and happy. We spoke to his teacher and said said he was a lovely boy, worked well on his own and was very polite. Ahhh bless.

Next we went to Smalls class. This was a bit different because we already know this teacher as she was Smallest's teacher last term. In fact she hugged me when she saw me which was nice. She knew my name which is a good sign. She said it was sad not to be with Smallest anymore but that she was glad she had a chance to get to know Small as she didn't get a chance last term. Small told us he had a new friend in his class and he is the new boy. So that's nice. His teacher said that this new boy was quiet, kind and lovely and she was really pleased that they were friends as Small would know what it is like to be new. She thanked him for being his friend. Ahh that's nice. We looked at his work (which wasn't a lot as they have only been there for just over a week).

I'm glad we went. I wonder when proper parents evening is though considering we came here last year. The boys started in December and there wasn't one between Decemeber and June. Oh well, I'm sure we'll see.

when we got back it was past 7pm and Mrs Royal and Drew were waiting for me to go for a walk. The boys watched TV. Huffle got our dinner and I walked for an hour. Mrs R and Drew went for ice creams at the end of the walk but I didn't as I hadn't had my dinner yet and I was being good. Besides I still had my cake to eat.

Huffle and I had our dinner and watched "here comes Honey Boo Boo". At one point in the show, the Mum said "I like to cook but we haven't had any road kill for a while. The deers aren't migrating so no-ones run over any deer..............". So they had instead, sketti (spaghetti) butter and ketchup. The biggest ever blob of butter, a huge squeeze of tomato sauce and spaghetti. She said at least it was healthy.

Small had trouble getting to sleep this evening. Too itchy from a couple of bites. I put cream on them but they still itched too much. I know the feeling. I need to see if I can get some anti histamine for kids tomorrow. I don't want to give him mine as I don't have the instructions and I don't know what age you have to be to take them.

Have you noticed the lack of photos over the last couple of days? I don't know why that is, just thought I would mention it. Maybe I haven't seen anything to take a photo of. Maybe I thought you would be bored of the same photos, or maybe it's because I keep running out of space, on my phone and on Picasa.

 

No comments: