Monday 10 September 2012

Jelly Sniffing

We got woken in the night by Smallest having a nightmare about, of all things, SpongeBob. Plankton to be more specific. SpongeBob has now been banned in the house. I remember Small having a similar problem with Scooby Doo. We banned it back when he was four or five and he has never watched it since. They both have very vivid imaginations. Smallest came in and slept between Huffle and I and I talked to him about the Splash Pad where we took Aunty A while she was here. Eventually he calmed down and I thought he had fallen asleep, when I felt a tap on my arm "can I go back to my bed now please Mummy?". I took him back to his room and settled him in, "ooooh nice and cool" he said with a cheeky grin. I left his wind up torch on and went back to bed. I never heard him again till morning. I must have been tired this morning, I never even heard Huffle's car go and it is very noisy.

We sent Small off to school and Smallest played on the computer while I had breakfast. Moo skyped us and she sat with Smallest whilst he was playing on the computer and we chatted for a while.

Gorgeous tree, leaves just changing colours ready for Fall

Smallest and I got ready and went out. We took his bike with us in case we found a good place to ride. We got a bit of shopping (Smallest said "you said you only wanted a bit, why have you bought so much?"). Then we went to the Towns park. He rode his bike by himself, wiggling, laughing and falling off, not necessarily in that order. He did well though. He kept telling me not to let go but I couldn't keep up with him.

He went on the park and then he got back on his bike and rode to the car.

We had lunch, put the shopping away and he watched TV while I made an Italian mixed Soup for Huffle and I and Tuna Bake for the boys. I also made a Maple Syrup Sponge and custard. We went outside and he had a go on his bike again. I put my trainers on and tried to run alongside of him. He went so fast and veered off the path and into the road. There were no cars (I could have got there if there had been). I let him go into the road to see what he would do, he wiggled, panicked, did a big circle and ended up back on the path. It scared him a bit so hopefully he will use his brakes next time.

We saw Mr Royal come home and we helped him with his bags of top soil. Smallest was given the job of cutting the bags open.

We bumped into Drew and she gave Smallest a pile of kids magazines
He loved them. We read a few and made a den and waited for Small to come home. We decided to make Jelly. Which would be better? Canadian Jell-o or English Hartleys? Will let you know tomorrow.
Smallest thought the smell was lovely
Small did his homework and played table football with Smallest after Smallest beat me easily!
They had dinner and then Huffle came home. They had pudding while we had our soup and then we all played Gallop. Our kitchen table was too long so we made it smaller but it was still too big so we had to move into the Sun Room on the tiny table.
I left them to it and went for a walk with Mrs Royal and Drew. When I came back, the boys were just having their stories read.

Huffle and I sat and watched an interesting programme about the Amish.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're back, had lovely holiday, Sorrento sooooo beautiful. Went to Pompei twice and Herculaneum once , sec visit vv hot. Both amazing places, Guides v good, seeing the deep tracks left in the roads by the Pompeians was spooky, or should I say fantastico. Sitting in Tasso square Sat night listening to local musicians was gorgeous, Grandad would hv approved of the excellent clarinet player. Glad to see Smallest just about there with the bike, always a landmark achievement. Very glad also to see grandma & grandad def coming next month, am going 2c Grandma and hv a catch up later. we thought of you lots on hols as the area is one of yr and Huffle's favourite areas. xxx