Friday 30 November 2012

Ooooh yer Fighter

No alarm this morning (not that I hear it anyway, just the tiny flip flap of Huffle's flat feet echoing around the room). Today he had his Winter Tyres put on so didn't have to go to work early. When he did get up though he put the recycling out, and put stuff away in the barn, while he got his tyres out and put them in the car ready. Small nearly missed the bus because I'm not used to having Huffle at home at that time of day. (Can't blame Grandma this time!). Smallest and I cleaned the bathrooms, generally tidied and then while I got ready, Huffle and Smallest played on the Wii together. (While Huffle waited for his car to be ready).

Huffle went off to get his car and go back to work and Smallest and I did a puzzle together and waited for his little friend to come and play. I had no idea whether his Mum would stay or leave him. I think five is a difficult age. Can you leave them with someone you hardly know? Will they be happy to stay at someone else's house (probably yes!) is it fair on the parents to leave your child with them when they don't really know them?Anyway she did stay (and had her little girl with her too). We had a lovely chat. She is a very nice lady and her kids are great. Smallest and I made flapjacks (oaty things not pancakes) for them (they had never had them before and they liked them!). We had a great morning and I hope to do it again soon.

Smallest and I had lunch and then drove to the doctors. I needed to get my prescription stamped. I picked up another prescription and got my foot one stamped. Now I am just waiting for Huffle to contact the insurance company and tell us whether we can order the orthotics.

We went into the supermarket next door to the doctors and bought some strawberries. The lady who served us gave Smallest a special bag and put stickers on it for him. We popped into another supermarket and bought a few essentials for Christmas. Then we drove home, had a piece of flapjack, sat in front of the TV and tried not to fall asleep. We waited for Small to come home and then went off to swimming.

Small played his DS. I sat with a nice lady who is Small's friend's Mum and Smallest swam beautifully. He did so well he got the next badge. There is a break in lessons for a while till January now. I'm glad because it was -7 outside and that is too cold to be leaving the swimming pool wet!

We came home, made dinner, skyped Grandma. Huffle came home, we all had dinner. Smallest had a shower and Small helped me empty the dishwasher, and the boys sat with their feet soaking whilst watching Marmaduke.

Pair of old women!

Huffle and I rummaged around in all (and there are a lot!!) the boxes containing Christmas things until we found our advent calendar. We put it up ready for the boys tomorrow. This is one I painstakingly sewed by hand a couple of years ago. We have filled the pockets up to '6'. We'll do the rest tomorrow.

I smell Orange Smarties. (Ever since Small was a baby, I taught him that all Orange Smarties HAD to be given to Mummy's. He still gives them to me and now Smallest does it too.)Yum yum.

1 comment:

Mrs BB said...

I bet Huffle's was pleased he got his winter tyres put on with the snow yesterday. On my drive home last night people were slipping and sliding all over the place. Have a good weekend xx