Monday 19 August 2013

"You hurt my feelings!"

Most years we have a sunflower competition. We each planted six seeds each. Some grew too leggy but we all got three good ones. The competition is normally who can grow the tallest with some in England getting over eight feet tall. All we managed this year was about four feet. Huffle won 'first to flower' as seen above and the 'tallest' is between Small and Smallest - we haven't measured them properly yet.

After a morning of explicable behaviour from the boys where Huffle stayed at home and I went out grocery shopping, I decided to take them to the Splash Pad for a couple of hours. It was very hot and although the water was very cold, they didn't seem bothered by it.

There were many children there and one of them punched Smallest. It's a long story but basically Smallest called him a Silly Monkey and he didn't like it. I had to have words and in the end they were friends. Silly boys!

Then I had to get my oar in again with another boy who pushed Smallest to try and get the water cannon. He stood there shouting "you've hurt my feelings, you don't care, why does nobody care about me?" And started crying. He was older than Small. I went back to my knitting. I should just let them all get on with it, but I wouldn't let mine push and punch other kids!

We parked away from the Splash Pad which meant we had a lovely walk to and from the park, walking alongside the lake.

Smallest chose to carry the ball up his t-shirt. He thought he was going to have a baby!

Anyway, I had a break this morning, though only for shopping and a break this afternoon for some knitting and reading whilst they splashed and played. The good thing about the Splash Pad is, the boys united and didn't fight with each other. They looked after each other which was nice, we'll work on them annoying other people and causing them to fight next time.

We came home and had a lovely dinner together, apart from Huffle who has been on the Golf Course since midday. When he got changed he came downstairs and the boys laughed. They didn't like his choice of clothes.

I told him he looked like Mr Royal (who happens to be a 'few' years older).

After dinner we sat on the porch, played basketball and watered the garden.

WELL DONE BOYS FOR YOUR SPLENDID BEHAVIOUR TODAY xx

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Sounds like one of my days getting involved in mini people disputes! Nice splash park though x