Thursday 29 August 2013

More Lego please

I got up early (7:30am I must be in school mode). Everyone in England sent their kids back to school today and I spent an hour first thing sitting in the Sun Room catching up on emails, Facebook and WhatsApp. I saw lots of new school uniforms and kids looking fresh faced and ready for school. My boys were amazed I was up so early and couldn't believe all their old friends were going back to school (we don't go back till next week) and were wearing uniforms (no uniforms for us anymore).

The boys had showers, breakfast and a play on their DS' and I cleared the kitchen and got myself ready. Then it was off to the library on our bikes. It was very hot again. On the way we dropped some gingerbread off for Mr Royal who has just had knee surgery. We chatted with Mrs Royal and then popped across the road to Drew where we sat and chatted with her. It has been so long and we promised to try and walk next week.

Next stop was the library where we bumped into Mrs Jackson5 and Nic and all their kids. We had a chat and promised to get together once the kids started school. We got new books and cycled home - still hot. We had lunch whilst watching Rango but I got bored and emptied the dishwasher and filled the washing machine and went and did some gardening. It was so hot I jumped in the pool all by myself. It was very peaceful and then the boys joined me and it wasn't so peaceful anymore. We had a good play. We played close your eyes tag, which was interesting.

We spent most of the afternoon by or in the pool and then I came and put soup on for dinner (except I left Huffle and mine on High instead of turning it off - whoops). I had to go in after and make another one. Huffle came home early feeling very tired and lacking in energy. He has decided to work at home tomorrow.

We all played basketball and then ate our dinner. The boys did some more gingerbread decorating. Huffle and I played 3 games of table tennis and I won one (I won one yesterday too wahooooo).

Huffle's gingerbread moustache

The boys are having an early night. They have both been really tetchy and moody today and I have put it down to still catching up on their sleep!

Huffle promised the kids that we could go to LegoLand, as they opened one not too far from us this year. We did attempt to go the weekend it opened but it was full. He said if the boys behaved we could go on the last weekend before school (this weekend) but after he checked out the reviews decided it was expensive, crowded and small. He said he was willing to take us all somewhere else, maybe a baseball game plus some Lego but the boys decided they would rather go to Centreville on Centre Island Toronto. This is a small theme park on one of Toronto's Islands. Huffle agreed (they did ask if they could still have some Lego though, cheeky boys!) but the weather forecast for is weekend is showers and isolated storms. Apparantly you can take the best photos of lightning striking the CN Tower from the Islands, ummmmmmmmm!

 

 

 

 

No comments: