Wednesday 14 August 2013

New path

Huffle and I record all episodes of "Lark rise to Candleford". I personally have seen them all back in England but Huffle hasnt. We don't particularly watch it, we just have it on in the background when I am knitting or he is on the computer. Last night one of the best quotes we heard was when Thomas presented his wife Margaret with a pale blue ribbon for her hat. She said "I can't wear that colour, it makes me look sallow and liverish". He tied it around their dog instead. We like their old English way of talking, it's priceless.

Today was another stay at home day but we had a 'doing' day. I cleared out the Tupperware cupboard. I have no idea why it gets into the mess it gets into, lids missing, bottoms not fitting. Anyway it's all nicely organised now with lots of bits thrown away.

Everyone had baths and showers and I made the kids scrub away at their potato toes, before dragging them into the garden and getting them all dirty again digging.

The boys and I dug up some grass in the front garden and joined our garden with the kids garden. Small and I also made a little path going through it. It was very hard work, lots of wheelbarrowing, digging, finding bricks and slabs and replanting but we did it and It looks really nice. We rewarded our hard work with an ice-cream on the Porch. I also finished off the mowing. Next door have a professional company come to mow their grass every week, always a Wednesday. Today the man strimmed the edge of our grass today and all around the pipe work. That was nice. I couldn't thank him because he had ear phones on and he couldn't hear me, but just as he started I gave him the thumbs up. Hope he understood that.

We made pizza for dinner and I popped a little courgette on there just in case anyone was missing it, but other than that there was no courgette baking today.

We ate our Pizza in front of Igor the film when Huffle came home. We couldn't watch it all because Huffle was falling asleep, so we all played football instead.

 

 

No comments: