Tuesday 20 August 2013

Pool Day

This morning the boys were very good. They tidied their rooms, had showers, helped make their beds, cleared away the breakfast things and were nice to each other. I was loathe to give them anything electrical to play on as I felt that their behaviour normally goes downhill after such plays. However, they were good and I wanted to do some blogging and knitting. I left them playing for an hour in which they sat nicely in one room, played together and swapped devices. It was only after I said time was up that the 'badness' sneaked in. I started to say to them that my point had been made when they suddenly stopped and became nice again. Ummmmmmm.

So the morning was spent washing, changing beds, tidying and knitting and blogging. It was quite hot outside so we didn't venture out until after lunch, which was spent in different parts of the house so we could all get some 'me time'. This worked well and the boys played basketball together afterwards.

Small and I did the pool maintenance while Smallest played in his room and then the boys went in the pool. I sat and read in the shade - it got hotter. We all ended up in the pool and had a good swim, play and laugh for most of the afternoon.

Late afternoon we decided to get on our bikes and cycle to the library where we bumped into Nan, who we haven't seen for ages and ages. We had a good catch up while the boys filled in their workbooks and chose new stories to borrow.

We cycled back and Huffle had beat us home. We all went in the pool for about 20 minutes of pure silliness before we had dinner.

Then it was TV, stories and bed for the boys.

This is the best display of Echinacea we have ever had. The climate must be just right. Our purple ones are splendid too.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had excellent day yesterdayday, half went to golf, then we all went to a bar, then up to wedding BBQ at bride's dad villa. A very tidy day all round.