Sunday 25 August 2013

There's a hole in my bucket....

I forgot to mention yesterday that Smallest did a blog post (he was wondering if anyone had commented and I told him it was my fault for not putting a link on here, so here it is).

Last night we managed to watch Big School with David Walliams - funny, Absolutely (80's comedy that we both watched originally - very funny) and My Big Redneck Vacation - so silly.

For a few days now we have been daily filling the pool to the required depth and everyday the water level has been going down. At first we thought it was evaporation but this morning it was dangously low. So low in fact that we had to turn the filter off in case it burnt out. Huffle found the hole which was right under where the ladder hits the bottom of the pool. We checked on the Internet where we could find the stuff to mend it with and Small and Huffle went off to buy it.

Smallest and I stayed behind. He drew and I vacummed the pool and started to dig out the day lilies ready for the new apple tree. Once the big boys were back, Huffle helped me to dig out the lillies while Small carried the wheelbarrow, Smallest continued to draw. We managed to dig out all the bed ready for the tree and then Huffle got in the cold pool while I cut the required piece of vinyl and glued it ready. The idea being that Huffle took the folded piece of vinyl to the hole underwater and stuck it and rolled it in place. However, Huffle lost the piece of vinyl and found he couldn't stay underwater long enough to open the material, put it over the hole and roll it in place so Small jumped in and held the second piece in place while Huffle secured it. Tadaaaa. We are now supposed to leave it alone for 24 hours but it is so warm today........

We carried on with some front garden gardening and dug two more bits for the three lilacs Huffle bought. Then once we put the lilacs in we started digging another bit. It was so hot but luckily the clouds came over every now and then to give us some relief. Smallest and I gathered sticks for the plants to grow up and then played street hockey. Small and Smallest drew under the shade of the big tree.

We had a lovely BBQ al fresco dinner with the flies and crows (OMG they are so noisy, the crows not the flies!). The boys tidied away for us while we planted the tree and moved the raspberries and strawberries around it. It is now a little fruit corner, until we move the veg beds and the fruit will have a new place.

The boys went off and played their DS while Alan Titchmarsh Huffle and I watered and cleared and then we had showers. I don't think I have ever been this dirty!!!

 

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I just tried to post on Smallest's blog but it threw me off. So tell him I thought it was wonderful and that I am sure the blue little brother will be just as much fun as he is ! Xx

famfa said...

Oh I don't know why that is.