Monday 26 August 2013

SMELLY!

There was a storm for most of the evening which meant we had to go to bed later as Huffle doesn't sleep in storms. Then we were woken early this morning (5:30am/6am) when we had storms again. Huffle of course got up and hid in the basement. I tried to keep my eyes closed and ignore it. I managed fairly well until 7am when the whole house shook. I went to check on the kids, Small was awake and starting to panic (he was sent to the basement), Smallest was sleeping soundly. I was just wondering whether to leave him sleeping or wake him when there was an almighty rumble, the house shook and Smallest awoke and said "Smelly!" (His favourite sleeping elephant). I grabbed his quilt, he grabbed Smelly and we went hand in hand down to the basement. We had already had a short power cut and there was another power cut while we were down there. Fortunately we weren't down there long before it was over. The boys went and snuggled on the sofa and watched wrestling and Huffle went off to work.

This evening we have tickets for the Blue Jays (Baseball) so we are doing as little as possible as the game doesn't start until 7pm and doesn't finish until after 10pm. So the day consisted of writing up library book reports, IPad playing, a few chores here and there, a film, some games, lunch, Skyping Moo, knitting, blogging (Smallest blogged again - thanks to those that commented).

I have no photos because we didn't do much but I am sure I will have photos of the game I can post tomorrow.

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Those storms sound a bit daunting! Lots if bravery required xx