Saturday 17 August 2013

Let's get Funky

I woke up after having an awful dream and I am hoping by not writing it down I will forget it quicker!! My first job of the day was to clear up the compost bin that had been devoured by a Raccoon (I am guessing). Bags strewn everywhere and food and peelings all over the drive and road. Thank you Mr Raccoon, very kind of you. As Huffle drove off to work he thought the half eaten bag was something dead and squashed!

The boys agreed to go to knitting with me if they could have the IPads and they did some jobs for me before we went. We spent the whole morning there and I felt like I worked really hard. I decided (on advice from everyone else there) that I would do the second of Huffle's socks as I finished the first one late last night. It started well and I just finished the cuff and El was about to tell me how to successfully change the colour when she looked at me and said "did you not want to do it in rib this time?" Oh piddle pants! I undid the whole lot and started again. I was determined to get the rib finished so worked on and on until I got there, learnt how to change the colour and carried on. The boys and I left and went to the bakery to pick up something nice for lunch and then came home, we had lunch outside listening to Otto's all-afternoon mowing session and playing Bop It.

This afternoon consisted of football net mending, basketball, football, knitting, DS, arguing and making of dinner.

THE BOYS ARE DRIVING ME MAD.

Huffle and I went out for the evening to Unionville to watch Maceo Parker play in the Jazz Festival. The Royals babysat for us. Apparently they played a game of Stack 'em up and Smallest won. They were little angels and went to bed but did manage to persuade Mrs Royal to read.

We got there a bit later than we hoped and parked in a side street because the car parks were full and then walked along the Main Street, passing all different musicians along the way. We got ourselves an ice-cream (though mine was very disappointing, a fat free Bailey's one - no fat, isn't Baileys all fat???) and made our way to the main bandstand. All the seats were gone and the only place we could vaguely see (though it was very close to the stage) was at the side next to the sponsors (a car!).

Maceo's band came on at 9:15. He has played with Ray Charles, James Brown and Prince. His band consisted of him, singing and on saxophone and flute, his brothers son who was on drums, a backing singer, a trumpeter, a keyboard player and two guitarists. The guitarists were fabulous, well they all were really. It was a great show and was all free of charge. It went on until 11:15.

There were quite a few interesting characters there too in the crowd. We saw an Elvis/Humperdink impersonator and a wannabe Voice finalist who wore his Grandad's coat and a charity shop hat. Plus many more strange people.

When we got back to the car we had a parking ticket for parking within 3m of a fire hydrant. Oh damn we forgot about that silly law! $100 - ah well the concert wasn't quite free then after all. Still it was a brilliant evening and I thank my lovely husband for arranging it. PASS THE PEAS!

 

 

No comments: