Wednesday 21 August 2013

If you do I'll jump on your head!*

This morning consisted of shopping for spinach, carrots and bicycle locks. I have decided to cancel the school bus until Winter so that the boys and I can cycle to school everyday. Good exercise for me and them and lots of lovely fresh air, besides, the school is only just over a kilometre away, maybe I can carry on somewhere else afterwards?. The spinach and carrots were for soups tonight. An Italian Bean soup for the grown-ups and a Carrot, Tomato and Spinach for the boys (though I have to leave the spinach out of Smallest's!). So once we were home I made the soups and a herby seedy farmhouse bread to go with them. The boys played on the IPads before lunch where we sat in our own places again. Works well!

In between the heat it was nicely cloudy.

After lunch we went in the pool. It was very hot today. I interspersed the pool activity with mowing. Everytime I got too hot, I jumped off and jumped in the pool. We had a lot of fun in the pool today.

We stayed there till about 4pm when the boys went and played and I finished off the mowing. We set the table and got dinner prepared and when Huffle came home we all went back in the pool for some silliness.

The soups and bread were lovely. The bread was just right.

It was mainly white with some wholemeal flour, Italian Herbs and fresh rosemary, sunflower, pumpkin and millet seeds with cornmeal and poppy seeds on top. Yum yum.

Huffle and I watered the garden - it is soooooo dry and baked! We are due some rain tomorrow and maybe storms.

* title was a comment I heard Smallest saying to Small in the pool!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The big day. Sunny, slight breeze. Looking forward to the Wedding. The 4 leftovers are having committee meeting to make their plans, maybe land train to Faraguda. Happy Days.