Thursday 22 August 2013

PJ's and Play

Huffle and I watched The Great British Bake Off last night. It wasn't a great recording on YouTube but at least someone was thoughtful enough to put it on there. We love it. The man who went out was very entertaining. We sat there with our Chocolate Muffin and cup of tea - perfect!

Due to the fact we had too much sun the previous days, we decided to have a pyjama 'list' day. This is where we all write down three or more things we would like to do or play and we take it in turns doing them altogether.

It rained first thing (which was good, the garden desperately needed it). After breakfast and a good clear up, we started our list. First we had a game of Ticket to Ride. Small and I played against each other and Smallest handed out the cards and tickets. I won but it was a close game. Small chose table football. It was Small and Smallest against me. I wasn't doing very well, so Smallest came and joined me and we were doing really well until Small suddenly had goal after goal and beat us.

Smallest then made a chocolate Angel Delight and a Small made a Strawberry Jelly (well it was on our list). Once we cleaned away, we played I-Spy Eagle Eye game. I lost again!

While I sorted out laundry, the boys had half an hour reading or playing in their rooms. Then we had lunch and finished the film Jumanji which the boys started first thing this morning. Good film.

We started back on the list. We played Wii Mario Bros and managed to finish a new level and then the boys played Chess and Draughts while I finished off a sock and watched the end of Call the Midwife. Boo hoo it's all finished now. Someone please let me know when the next series comes on in the UK so I can try and find it here.

The boys went on their DS' while I blogged and then the three of us went in the pool. It's been an odd day weather wise, this morning it was so hot and humid that we put the air con on, then it rained, then it was hot again and then it clouded over lots and got cooler though still very warm! We are now expecting a storm.

After the pool we did a BBQ dinner and ate when Huffle came home. The boys had their Angel Delight and Jelly for pudding - thumbs up!!

We finished off the day with a game of football, reseeding the grass, breaking the hose and mending it and table tennis.

This evening's sky (no sign of storm) was amazing:

Shepherds Delight

 

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Oooo good idea I will go and make a jelly in a minute

Did you know one of the bake off contestants is from Market Harborough (Frances, I think) not that I'd know I never seem to catch it when it's on I must have a look on I player!

famfa said...

Yes I did see the Harborough woman but I don't recognise her. Jelly ummmmm xxx