Friday 23 August 2013

Rude Trude

I got up far too early this morning, maybe I am getting ready for the boys going back to school, whatever the reason I had to go out and put out the recycling and ended up sitting on the porch with my mug of hot water (first drink of the day before I indulge in caffeine), my phone and IPad and sat and caught up with emails, Facebook and Instagram. The boys sat happily watching TV. Then my peace was interrupted by Small complaining of feeling sick. I suggested he had a drink of water and lay down - clever Mummy, that sorted it - I think he was hungry. After breakfast the three of us went to knitting. The boys took their DS' and played nicely and quietly (I think everyone is so used to them being there now, they will miss them once school starts).

Left: Ligularia flower and leaf below

Right: Our sunflowers and Huffle show off sunflower

I managed to start my new sock last night after trawling YouTube for videos and tutorials. I had done it right and didn't have to start again. It was only me, Rude Trude and Shopkeeper El today. We had a good laugh as usual and got a fair bit done. We left at 12 and came home for lunch. The boys payed basketball outside while I got lunch and then they came in for showers before eating. Smallest and a bit of an issue over the fact that Small had his shower first and grumped off to his room for a while where we completely ignored him and let him calm down. He calmed, got in the shower and showered by himself and came down and said sorry (big boy now!) then ate his lunch.

This afternoon we went in the pool. The boys started arguing again so Smallest removed himself and sat in his room and finished off his library books and Small and I played in the pool. Then we both read too. Small finished his book too and I am nearly through mine. We only got them on Tuesday, we must have done a lot of reading this week.

Smallest came and joined us again and the boys played chess while I knitted and swam (not at the same time). When Huffle came home I made dinner while he went in the pool with the kids.

This evening we all watched Teen Wolf together. The boys thought it was funny. We wanted to show them Back to the Future but it wasn't on Netflix so Teen Wolf was the next best thing.

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

I had visions of you knitting in the pool and wouldn't have put it past you to try! ;-)